Do you think parents could completely stand in the way of you getting married to that special someone?

I’m currently very serious about my boyfriend and being that we’re long distance I’ve only talked to them via FaceTime and haven’t met them yet but I know his grandmother doesn’t like me too much or maybe she’s just mad at me. But comment below if you’re married to someone and their parents or family members don’t like you. Do you think it affects the relationship? Do you think maybe you just had to grow on them?

11