I’m dating someone my parents don’t want me to date (sorry to be racist below)?

ever since i was little my dad has taught me racism and stuff like that. now i’m dating a black guy (my father doesn’t know and if he did, he would “throw me out”) now my boyfriend wants to meet my parents and I don't know what to do, bc i don’t want him thinking that my dad hates him just for his religion

1319

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry you have to deal with this. But I think you have to tell your boyfriend the truth. What is your long-term plan? Your boyfriend doesn't have to meet your parents, but at some point I expect you will have to tell them that you are seeing a black guy. Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm black, and I know for a fact that their are a lot of great black guys. Black is not a religion, it's a race. You should stand your ground and tell your dad how you feel about him. Or you could just tell you boyfriend that your dad does not like him because of his race, but that's not gonna change the way you feel about hm.