Do you follow your own standards you set for potential partners?

Follow up to my last question is ok so you have your standards for dating, but do you follow them yourself?

For instance if you want someone who isn't needy, well are you needy yourself? And if you don't follow your own standards, do you think it is fair to expect a potential partner to follow them when you don't?

https://www.girlsaskguys.com/dating/q2783245-do-you-think-your-standards-are-realistic
Updates:
I mean standards that are more personality than physical

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Very good question!
    No I don’t follow my own standards and no it’s not fair.
    But maybe I’m too traditional...
    Cause I’m a girl, i can be needy sometimes but I want my man not to be needy.
    I know it’s stupid but it like that

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • would you blame a guy for dumping you for being needy and he can't be?

• Show All
    • I can ask questions but i can ask debate peoples opinions. you can have yours but i can also disagree with it heavily.

• Ok then fine... I will let you debate with other people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Standards are what you want in someone else correct? Your partner should have their own standards. If you don't fit then they probably won't be with you, and vice versa. So I really don't think it matters as long as they are what you are looking for and you are what they are looking for.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But if for example, they demand a partner who isn't needy when they are pretty needy themselves, thats gonna really become a conflict at some point.

• I see what you're saying, but I don't think there's a 100% chance that it's going to cause an issue. Could it? Sure. Will it? Don't know until you try it.

• i'd say its a pretty good chance especially if the person who isn't always needy acts like it just once and the needy person attacks them for it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• For the most part except those that are primarily specific to the guy. Like I can't make myself taller lol, but I want a man that's taller than me. I'm 5'3 though so that's really not hard to beat. I don't have a problem with a guy not wanting to date me because I'm short. But, then again, I've also never been turned down for being short.

0|1
    0|0
  • for the most part.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think mostly yes. I also think nobody is perfect.

I prefer taller guys over shorter guys. I’m only 5’1”. I’m fine with guys not wanting to date me cuz I’m short. Nbd to me. The guys that I have dated have had no issue with my midgetness.

Other than that I do expect guys to be in charge and I don’t wanna be in charge.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep. Generally the traits I want them to have align with my own. An exception is that I like extroverted partners, because I think it balances out my introvertedness.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do follow my own standards. Lead by example right.

0|2
    0|0
    • I think many tend to give what they like too, even if that other person is different, that's why communication is so important.

• Yes, I do. But I think I get desperate sometimes and try to date below my own standards, which never works out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I want someone as hygenical as me, similar interests, loyal, and similar experience level with partners.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really.

0|1
    0|0
    • do you think it is fair to expect a potential partner to follow them when you don't?

• It’s not fair. I’ve never thought about it this way before.

• What standards? 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I do actually

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep. I want a partner that's just like me.

0|1
    0|0
  • i try to, yes

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• yes 100%
    two traits that completely define me... honesty and loyalty even if it inconvenience me and puts me a risk... ill almost never change those two aspects

and Id expect the exact same from her... never make up bullshit... never lie or omit important information...
    little white lies can be ok to a certain extent to avoid arguments... but never something significant lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Not necessarily.
    You have to factor in that you have zero internal insight into mind of another person, while you have complete insight into mind of your own.

So for example, to some other people my "body count" of 10 people might seem slutty or too high, but I obviously have the full knowledge of the nature of those encounters.
    I can't convince others about it obviously, so I can't blame them if they give me the pass because of that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very much so. I keep it in mind to never ask for something I would never want for myself.

Except for anal. I'd want to give but never receive, that's just gay.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don´t have a checklist if I like the other person and could vision a future with them then I go for it, it´s that simple.

0|1
    0|0
  • Aw ya bruh. Grew the biggest tits and fattest ass so she doesn't feel like imma hypocrite.

1|1
    0|0
  • No I dont... for instance I like bossy dominant women... i am not bossy or dominant with a potential partner

0|1
    0|0
  • No because I don't necessarily want someone like myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I do

0|1
    0|0
    • do you think it is fair for someone who doesn't follow their own standards to demand them in potential partners?

• Not at all, it’s hypocritical. I think most people end up fantasizing about people they probably would never end up with for one reason or another, but end up being with someone like them in the end.

• Yes.

0|1
    0|0
    • do you think it is fair for someone who doesn't follow their own standards to demand them in potential partners?

• Everyone has their own likes and dislikes in a partner but it is unfair when they are unreliable to expect their partner to be there for them when they are not. Stuff like that. Character of one person expecting their partner to be stuff they lack.

• Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say 80% yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • No.

I hold myself to a higher standard.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anything but scruffy around the house.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes