Do you follow your own standards you set for potential partners?

Follow up to my last question is ok so you have your standards for dating, but do you follow them yourself?

For instance if you want someone who isn't needy, well are you needy yourself? And if you don't follow your own standards, do you think it is fair to expect a potential partner to follow them when you don't?

https://www.girlsaskguys.com/dating/q2783245-do-you-think-your-standards-are-realistic
I mean standards that are more personality than physical

1314

Most Helpful Girl

• Very good question!
    No I don’t follow my own standards and no it’s not fair.
    But maybe I’m too traditional...
    Cause I’m a girl, i can be needy sometimes but I want my man not to be needy.
    I know it’s stupid but it like that

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • would you blame a guy for dumping you for being needy and he can't be?

• I can ask questions but i can ask debate peoples opinions. you can have yours but i can also disagree with it heavily.

• Ok then fine... I will let you debate with other people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Standards are what you want in someone else correct? Your partner should have their own standards. If you don't fit then they probably won't be with you, and vice versa. So I really don't think it matters as long as they are what you are looking for and you are what they are looking for.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But if for example, they demand a partner who isn't needy when they are pretty needy themselves, thats gonna really become a conflict at some point.

• I see what you're saying, but I don't think there's a 100% chance that it's going to cause an issue. Could it? Sure. Will it? Don't know until you try it.

• i'd say its a pretty good chance especially if the person who isn't always needy acts like it just once and the needy person attacks them for it.