Tinder question?

I just noticed my ex on Tinder. I’m scared to swipe right or left. I kind of want to see if he has feelings. Guys how would you feel if you matched with an ex? How would you approach the situation? Would you unmatch? Would you message her?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• So let's summarize this. You say you broke up with him because he wouldn't 'define the relationship'. To me that sounds like he wasn't giving you the level of commitment that you wanted. Which would then make me think that he wasn't as interested in you as you would like. You chose to breakup with him, respect that choice and forget about it.

He's on Tinder looking for other women, end of story. There's no way you can know if he has feelings. Obviously when you were together his feelings weren't enough, otherwise you wouldn't have ended it. So how can you know if he has feelings now? If you match with him? A lot of guys swipe right on every girl regardless of whether or not they like them. If he wanted you, he'd find a way to contact you. He's not on Tinder specifically for you, just forget about it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Id say leave it to see if they do something first

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• Remind yourself of why he is an ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. Why did you break up? I think if that happened to me I would swipe left. Just because there are good reasons why my ex's are my ex's. It would be different if I seen a girl that I slept with but didn't date, like maybe a one night stand. Maybe then I would think maybe we should give it a shot.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you guys still get along, swipe right. Just tell him you did it out of curiosity. Or if he matches, immediately unmatched. That will get several questions stirring around in his head. Why am I teaching manipulation.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are still hung on your ex why don't you just chase him down

1|0
    0|0
    • I’ve thought about it, but I was the one that ended things. And I’m not quite sure if he took it positively or not? I also unfollowed him on social media so it would be easier for me to get over him lol.

• Well obviously you are not over him
      And you have to ask gag about that , and even do it anonymously

• I would swipe right out of curiosity. If we actually matched it would depend on how things ended if i wanted to strike up a conversation again or ignore her.

1|0
    0|0
  • "To the left, to the left, everything you own in the box to the left"... thats an automatic swipe LEFT!!!

what are you doing on Tinder?

0|0
    0|0
  • If i matched with an ex, it would mean we both swiped right. Of course i would message her. You want to know if he has feelings? You should first ask yourself how you truly feel.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have before I just said played it off like I didn’t mean to do it I hit like on everybody till it runs out if I like my matches I keep them if not I unmatch

0|0
    0|0
    • How did she feel about it?

• Didn’t respond when I said that so I basically told her to fuck herself lol we never really dated anyway just talked but idc anyway got a girl now who’s going places I’m good

• A lot of guys swipe right on everything. Sometimes without even looking

1|0
    0|0
  • Would message her lol.. would ask her bout her life and stuff

1|0
    0|0
  • Tinder is for hookups.

You might want to ask why you are both looking for meaningless sex after having had a thing for each other.

0|0
    0|0
    • No, Tinder is for meeting people. What they choose to do after meeting is entirely up to them.

• Just restart it, so he isn't there anymore. Or even better, don't use Tinder. Use something better, like social interaction

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't been on there in a while, I thought if you refreshed the app or uninstalled it you got a different picture

0|0
    0|0
  • Do it. It's better to do it and take a chance than to never do it in the first place. Trust me...

1|0
    0|0
  • You see females view exes differently. If you have a superficial relationship you ending all sexual encounters will be an "ex-BF/lover/partner" situation. But to him there was no relationship to begin with. It was just sex. Now that you said it, 3 months "dating" is very superficial for a male. He may talk like you have an actual legitimate relationship but no. He can "biologically" poke into many different women. Do you think you giving him 3 months of sex is enough for him to call you long term relationship worthy? He wants to see you being a wife to him. Like how your mother was to you. or if you had any brothers... only then will he consider you something that he "lost" as an ex. and the whole time he will never tell and will act like you have a legitimate relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Exes will always be exes. I've gotten together and broken up with one of my exes about 6-7 times. There's no point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unmatch. Trying to get back w/ your ex is like trying to put poop back in the butt.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how things ended and why. I think for most situations I'd steer clear

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be like can you give ya boy his soul back please

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound like you'd prefer to share him with other girls, which is fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Swipe right isn't a good idea. If you aren't together anymore, there is a reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how bad the breakup was.

1|0
    0|0
    • It was amicable. We didn’t argue, but I’m just not sure if he took as well as he’s letting on. I also unfollowed him on social media only to make it easier for me to let go, but apparently that didn’t work so well lol.

• Just go fuck with him

1|2
    0|0
  • Ignore, ignorance is bliss

1|0
    0|0
  • I would laugh my tits off.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bad, i wouldn't message her...

0|0
    0|0
  • This has happened to me I matched with my ex just after we broke up but we were still in contact so it was kinda funny but I would swipe right just to see, if you don’t wanna be matched with them just unmatch them straight away..

0|0
    0|0
  • I wonder when people will learn. Ex's are ex's for a reason. It seems that so many women simply cannot leave their past in the past and continue making the same mistakes. Use some common sense...

0|0
    0|0
  • How recent is it?

0|0
    0|0
    • I ended the relationship about 2 months ago because we never defined the relationship. We dated for like 3 months. He apologized at the time. But we haven’t talked since and I deleted him off of my social media because I needed to get over him, but apparently that didn’t work lol.

• That would be really awkward. I guess some questions are better left unanswered.

2|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes