Friend admitted to liking me... need some help, advice?

My close female friend just admitted to liking me a LOT. I told her the feelings are mutual and she seemed very happy. I have been doing a lot with her lately, going on little hangouts and stuff, and finally officially asked her on a date. However, she said that she wanted to wait until we went on the official "first date" before she wanted to label us "dating" which I both understand and am confused. Im guessing she wants to see how us romantically works (first kiss type of shit). However, its kind of putting stress on me, because I really don't want to mess this up, I like her a lot, but she seems like she's judging us going further based on this. I picked out a nice restaurant to go to, and was planning on taking her through a Christmas tree like downtown park area (was gonna attempt to kiss her there). First kiss, tongue no tongue, I don't know, Im stressed. Any help, I need advice for all this, ideas, anyone?
I want to say thanks to all of you, you helped me de-stress and made me realize my biggest mistake of planning a kiss. Honestly, you guys/girls just telling me to be myself, and it'll be fine, have helped me a lot. If I could give MHO to all of you I would!

35

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say you should stop stressing so much. I know it is a super huge deal but you cannot plan a first kiss. It will go a lot better if you just let things flow naturally. Don't overthink how you act, she likes you for you so be yourself.
    About the tongue I would not do it on the first time unless you are absolutely, 100% certain she likes it.

• Alright thanks, I just feel like she's waiting for me to kiss her. Is it okay if I don't kiss her on first date?

• just remember that she will be just as nervous as you will be. Personally, I would say that you should go with the flow, if there is a moment when you think it is appropriate then go for it. Just make sure you are comfortable and yourself and everything will be fine.

Most Helpful Guy

• The first mistake is trying to plan the kiss and so on. That's not something that you plan. That must come out in the moment. Stressing about it won't help you either. The only thing you can plan is where to go and what to do together. From there, just be yourself. Making a false cool impression is the worst you can do. If she really wants to begin dating and interested in you, she'll accept you just how you are. Both with your virtues and your oddities. I know a first date is a stressing and scary situation. But the best you can do is just try to relax and enjoy your time with her. And if everything goes smooth and you see she is having an awesome time and enjoying being with you, then you can spontaneously think about daring for a kiss. Good luck and hope it goes well. Enjoy!