How do I get some space?

So I started seeing this guy about a month ago. He's in his 20s and I am in my 30s. Definitely mutual attraction and I think he's awesome. We've been out a total of 5 times, but he tries to hang out with me every single day or evening. I am a busy woman. I'm trying to get a writing career going on top of working full time hours, so I get home from work and get started on my writing.

He'll text me every day around 5pm asking what I'm doing and if I want to meet up, and I'll tell him I'm busy, but it's getting to the point there I am getting tired of having to turn him down. I told him a week ago that I am busy and also going through some family stuff, and I asked for his patience and understanding as I prefer to take things slow. He seemed cool with that, but it didn't get him to back off of asking me out every day. It's stressing me out because I feel like it has to be getting old on his end as well, and I don't want to lose him but he just can't be the top priority in my life at this point. I want to keep him in my life but add a little bit of space. What should I say to him?

02