How do I get some space?

So I started seeing this guy about a month ago. He's in his 20s and I am in my 30s. Definitely mutual attraction and I think he's awesome. We've been out a total of 5 times, but he tries to hang out with me every single day or evening. I am a busy woman. I'm trying to get a writing career going on top of working full time hours, so I get home from work and get started on my writing.

He'll text me every day around 5pm asking what I'm doing and if I want to meet up, and I'll tell him I'm busy, but it's getting to the point there I am getting tired of having to turn him down. I told him a week ago that I am busy and also going through some family stuff, and I asked for his patience and understanding as I prefer to take things slow. He seemed cool with that, but it didn't get him to back off of asking me out every day. It's stressing me out because I feel like it has to be getting old on his end as well, and I don't want to lose him but he just can't be the top priority in my life at this point. I want to keep him in my life but add a little bit of space. What should I say to him?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• That's the drawbacks of dating somone much younger than you.
    Just continue what your doing now he will end up by understanding.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well... He's at his 20s. A tad bit too saucy. He might be afraid to lose you thinking like: "oh she's busy again with her work... Does she likes other guys because of our age gap? I'm so worried, I'll just text her to know that she's there and probably makes her think that I'm still here, existing, and still liking her" probably he doesn't understand the nature of the relationship. Probably his heart was broken with an untrustworthy relationship. Probably he just really like you and lost in his mind that people have other lives to run too. Tell him you're not going anywhere. If you have some kind of feelings to him, just invite him to your place and instruct him that he can hang out, if he gets too distracting from getting work done, leave. If that doesn't work out.. Dude just being clingy and that shit is creepy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes