How did you know your S/O wouldn't cheat?

Just as the title says. I really like this girl, and have gotten close to her. She stated that she really likes me, but I am nervous. The reason is that I am not sure if she would cheat on me or so forth. I am trying to figure out for those who are married or in a long term relationship, how did you know she would be faithful?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You never truly know if someone will cheat on you. In a relationship, you're supposed to put your trust in that person fully. It's important to pick wisely. Choose a partner that truly loves you and has good morals and respectable traits. Even then, hypothetically, they could still cheat at some point, but it's way less likely. But really, it depends on the individual. I would never cheat on my partner, just as he hasn't cheated on me. I know my partner will never cheat on me, ever. He's never cheated on any of his past girlfriends and he's a good person with a big heart. On top of that, he's very in love with me. I can feel how much he loves me and he's so happy with me, he doesn't even pay attention to other women, let alone do anything considered cheating. As my lifelong partner and best friend, I trust him and he's only ever thought of being with me.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's possible to ever be 100% certain and I personally think it would be a mistake to pass up on a potentially good relationship out of fear of something like that. Almost nothing in life is ever risk free.

What I would look for early on though is whether she's ever cheated before and whether she's had casual sex (FWB or hookups) any time in the past decade or so. (I don't think what happened more than 10 years ago probably matters much since people change and mature over time.) Also, does she seem impulsive or irresponsible or does she tend to be more careful, cautious and responsible. My opinion is that someone impulsive and irresponsible is probably more likely to cheat (not that all would, but probably a higher percentage).

I think most people in a good solid relationship will not cheat so you can help your chances by treating her well, making her feel comfortable bringing up any issues she has, being sure she feels loved, and working to achieve a mutually agreeable compromise when you have disagreements.

It might help for the two of you to both take the quiz at www.5lovelanguages.com to find out your love languages and share the results with each other. By knowing what makes her feel loved and being sure you do it, that should help keep her happy and keep her from cheating.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• If you fully trust your partner then the thought of them cheating wouldn't even cross your mind (even though that hasn't worked out well for me I'm the past) but she should be able to be completely honest with you and if she begins to believe that you are cheating that is a sign of her cheating herself (some cheaters believe that their spouse could cheat themselves). While this doesn't exactly answer your question I hope this helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's about trusting each other and get to know the person.
    What kind of person is she?
    Is she opposed to cheating?

For example, I know my boyfriend and my previous boyfriend would never cheat on me, because I know that's the kind of person they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't know. But as time goes on and you really get to know them inside out you begin to trust their love for you will keep them from other temptations. Usually people who cheat because something has gone bad in the relationship and the couple have bad communication. If you communicate things that bother you even if you think it will upset your SO then you should be good. People can't change something bad if they don't know. Just because you see it you can't assume they see it.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can't know this for sure. even when the relationship goes well and you're together for some yeard it could happen. i know it because i was cheated on by my ex and we were married... so i would never have thought he would cheat but he did.

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s hard to answer. The honest truth is you never truly know. You have to be willing to completely give them that trust until they break it. At some point in the right relationship though for some reason that fear just isn’t there.

0|0
    0|0
  • How can you ever know? Just establish a system of trust and honesty, and trist that if they become unhappy with the relationship, they will address their concerns with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • By listening intently to what they have to say, and by paying attention to their behaviour.

A person's character determines how loyal they are. And only time reveals a person's true character, and their morals & values

My boyfriend knows I value loyalty. I value his trust in me, so I'd never give him a reason to doubt my loyalty to him. Also, he knows I have great control over my desires and emotions. So opportunity will never control my loyalty. I gained his trust gradually , over time. Trusting people is one of the most difficult challenges people face

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to trust your partner- even if it's hard. Perhaps you could subtly ask her how she defines cheating, and see how opposed she is to it. I have trust issues like that too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m 99% sure he would never cheat. Cheating is not in his nature. He has every opportunity daily.

0|0
    0|0
  • I told him that if he cheated he would burn in hell. He said he wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 6

• Still don't. People have different ideas what cheating is, so if you don't say it out right, they might blur the line and do something that really annoys you. I hold my S/O to the same expectations she has of me, so when I see her sleeping next to a dude on a futon and she's allowing him to put his hand on her because she sees him as a girl, it's still unacceptable.

0|0
    0|0
  • You never know... that's the whole point of a relationship. extending trust to others and seeing what they do with your trust over the course of time again and again is the only way to know,

0|0
    0|0
  • You are not ready for a romantic relationship if this worries you. You should find the idea either incomprehensible (if fidelity is important to you), or too trivial to worry about (if it's not).

0|0
    0|0
  • You never really know. You can trust someone a lot and they can still cheat.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can know only after spending time with her

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't know, you simply have to trust and hope she doesn't.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes