Is it cheating?

If you are in an open relationship is it possible to cheat?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If its an open relationship, you still have a conversation with your partner about boundries, if one those boundries are disregarded, its cheating.

For example, an open relationship may include sex outside the relationship and sex only. But then one partner finds out the other has developed a close emotional and sexual relationship with someone else.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it totally is. I have a friend who was in an open relationship with someone, and even tho she was sleeping around her boyfriend convinced her she was the only one she needed and that she was the only one that he wanted. Well it later came out that he had been for some reason hiding the fact that he was fucking someone else too. She broke up with him quickly after.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• It is not possible to cheat

0|1
    0|0
  • No it’s not if it’s an open relationship

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I do not believe in an open relationship as a viable option but most have the condition that you have to talk to your original partner as to whom you are going to fuck. It all depends on the parameters you set with them. I have seen all of the open relationships with people I have known to fail that i would not do it even if i wanted to.

0|0
    0|0
  • First of all if you are in an open relationship basicly you are "allowed" to do what you want so technically my answer is no. But these pairs should talk about the rules as they start this and follow them so it may be cheating if you cross it and it is cheating in my opinion if you feel love other than your girl/boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I think so. Because people can make mistakes in setting clear boundaries and what is okay and isn't. So it's possible. But if you clearly set the boundaries that it's truly open and you can do anything with anyone else then no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually, scratch that yes. No, it isn't, because you're not really in a relationship to begin with. You're just friends with benefits.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why ever be in an open relationship?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes