How do YOU message people on online dating apps?

Trying my hand at online dating, so far have introductory messaged, 4 people.
there's one i still want to but as interesting as her profile is there's nothing i can pull out and reference without it feeling like im reaching.

How do you personally go about messaging people on these apps?
Do you take something from their profile? Think up something witty? Make a geeky reference and hope for the best?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I just say something generic if I can't find something special to talk about. If they don't react they clearly don't give a shit about try to find a partner anyway.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • No.. they didn't react because you sent something generic...

• Show All
    • Then just come up with something. Make a joke.

Just dont say hi, or hey, or hows your day going? Because thats so boring and you just ignore it.

• Sure let me just copy paste the same joke to 200 girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• If something caught my eye on their profile I usually comment on that.
    Something really dumb like "hey I liked that movie too because so and so" or "hey did you have a chance to listen to NAME ARTISTS last album?"
    It gets things going.
    If nothing was in their description I just go with something bolder like commenting on their appearance.
    I am a girl so guys freak out when I approach first and I think I could say literally any stupid thing and they'd just be happy to have a girl reach out for once.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I start with “Hey” or make a joke. Just be yourself I mean personally I’ve only ever really had one real life encounter as a relationship but that was only for 2 days at best

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually I don't use online datig apps - no point to it.

However, in general, before messaging anybody I check at least their peofile to be relevant.

0|0
    0|0
  • I message them saying "send nudes sloot" and it works

0|1
    0|0
  • I like to start simple. Lots of girls don't respond no matter what u say. Once I get a response I'll out on the charm lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use them

0|0
    1|0
  • girls pretty much own online dating. I tried my hand and literally left me feeling worthless

0|0
    0|0
  • What kind of person are you looking for

0|0
    0|0
    • Anyone who appeals to me.

• What kind of person appeals to you
      The reason I ask is because you approach different types of people different types of ways

• I approach different according to their profile.

One girl i asked about her bathers (i love them), another about their op shopping habit (i love op shopping) and the third i referenced something theyd said in their bio about pokemon.

• *sends 2-3 dick pics* "Send nudes"

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I always start it out asking if anyone ever told them that they resemble someone. whether it be a celebrity or a tv character, and if they laugh, i just keep the conversation going from there. It only works if you can find someone they look like though 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use them!

0|0
    0|0
  • i just write whatever i want to write at that moment

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes