What is the difference between being exclusive and being in a relationship?

What is the difference between being exclusive and being in a relationship?So is there a difference? Lets us know below!

1515

Most Helpful Girl

• Being exclusive means you’re not in a relationship but you’re only sleeping with the person you’re exclusive with. But there are no relationship responsibilities. Being in a relationship means actually dating the person

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not enjoy dating more than one woman at the same time. I have done it on occasion and I did it recently. After 3-4 dates, I try to decide which woman is the best match for me and I say goodbye to the other one. I did that recently and the one who I am continuing to date is a tremendously good person, sincere, kind hearted, the kind of woman who is sometimes a victim because she just tries so hard to treat people kindly. I agreed to date her exclusively on our last date. At this point, I am not "in love" with her but I do like her very much and I am cautiously optimistic about a future with her. Only time will tell.

Up to this point, she has been guarded because she knew I was seeing someone else. We have held hands but have only had one kiss on the lips and it was very brief! This probably sounds like a junior high school romance but this is the way it has developed.

To me, saying that I am in a relationship with someone connotes that I have some strong emotional involvement. I am not in love with this lady yet, but it could happen. So I am not sure that I would say that we are in a relationship even though we are dating exclusively.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah it's a fine line between soup and stew. On one hand you may not be in a committed relationship with someone but on the other hand you don't want that person sleeping around. I think 3 or 4 dates is the right number to figure it out!

• Thanks for MHO!