If you could change ONE thing about your partner, what would it be?

If you could change ONE thing about your partner, what would it be?

If you had the ability to change just ONE thing about your significant other, what would you change? and why?

3|2

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 219

• She would not live an hour and fifteen minutes distant from me.

23|9
    0|1
  • Nothing
    She is who she is
    If i change her then it wouldn't be her

6|1
    1|0
    • Nice guy.:-)

• Show All
    • Yeah you're totally right, you got me. Because I get triggered the whole time as soon as someone starts to argue with me and insult them to make myself feel better. Oh wait :^)

• Well go work on your issues princess someday you could be a BEAUTIFUL big girl then

• Yes... she would not be imaginary. 😳😆 That’s one thing I don’t like about her. She’s gorgeous, but it’s tough because she doesn’t exist, so I can’t really brag about her to friends... and she never comes by my friend’s place, so they think I’m lying when I say I have an imaginary girlfriend. They say she’s an imaginary imaginary girlfriend, which sucks. 😜

0|1
    0|0
  • I´m just starting a new relationship so naturally there´s pretty much anything I´d like to change. When choosing a partner, I believe nothing should be changed but more our personalities and habits should complement each other. I was thinking about her past and how some hurtfull things that have happened to her could be changed, but then again we wouldn´t be together if she hadn´t had those experiences as it brought us closer together. So my answer is: Nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love to have her take care of her body.

I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Thing is she doesn't take care of herself her diet consists mostly of ramen and sushi and she doesn't exercise. I am afraid this will lead to health problems in the future and that it may cut my time with her short.

4|0
    0|0
  • I know you said one thing, but...

Physically? It would have to be her ass. Its damn near perfect, but I can dream...

Mentally? For her to be a little more risk taking and spontaneous.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well seeing as I have no partner, I would say change the fact that she doesn't exist, that would be nice. However I think its rather wrong to change immutable traits or quirks so I would say just hypothetically, communication. Really I find with women they don't communicate with men, they are too passive and for men we are blunt in general so we don't know to ask the questions women want us to ask so I would say that (I had an ex who said she didn't want flowers. I realized later that I should not have listened to her (some times I feel like guys get punished for taking women's words at face value).

0|1
    0|0
    • You've just met immature women. I'm only 19 but I always make sure to communicate well with my partner and let him know what I like and want and what I expect. so when I say something I 100% mean it

• Unfortunatley I think you might be an exception, though its possible they where "immature"(not been in a lot of relationships so can't say). But I do think women have a tendency to being submissive to the point of not communicating in general (as I have experienced both in a relationship and out of it as well as with many of the questions on this site by women asking how to tell their SO about this or that without actually having to do so (Seriously WTF?)), which is frustrating because I am a very blunt person. When I speak I say exactly what I mean, I try to be as clear and concise as possible because quite frankly I don't know how to communicate in any other way. its just frustrating. Like I said it was annoying finding out the "I don't like flowers" meant, "buy me flowers".

• she's one of these people that puts an alarm on snooze like 7 times which means I get woken up every 5 minutes by an alarm making it nearly impossible to get back to sleep when I don't have to get up

2|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. If I was to change anything, then I wouldn't have her. I'd be with someone I won't recognize, someone different from whom I fell for, and I wouldn't want that.

2|0
    1|0
  • Make her more mature, but I should have thought of that before moving in together with a girl 20 years younger than me. It's not her fault really, she is simply young, but her and her friends seems... immature and down right silly at times - and they drink too much when they party, I mean it's non stop drinking as if there where no tomorrow, but again I did that too at that age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 121

• That he, and myself included of course, would have enough money for a place to live and for our wedding. We unfortunately barely have enough to get by on our bills. We're so broke, I don't even have a proper engagement ring. 😢 But we'll make it. 😊 That much I know.

2|2
    0|0
  • Absolutely nothing.

He's supportive, funny, intelligent, loving, kind, forgiving, and understanding. He always compliments me and lets me know how thankful he is to have me in his life. I can't think of a single thing about him that I would change. If there was anything, then it would be something so incredibly silly that it wouldn't even matter in the end.

2|2
    0|0
    • Lol. That sounds just like my fiancé. It's nice to know there are more guys like that out there in the world. Makes me feel like there may just be some hope for the world, even if it's not very much. 🙂

• Hmmm the fact that he's not well off.
    And no, for once, that's actually not because I "want his money" or want to be lavished in gifts like a sugar baby -- it's because I care about his well-being and would prefer that he live in a decent house with enough space inside and outside for his German shepherds, well-stocked fridge and cupboards, and still enough leftover for a kickass gaming/entertainment room.

1|1
    0|0
  • Probably not the type of answer your going for but his diabetes. It takes a physical and mental toll on you after so many years of controlling and managing it. The huge relief he would have to not have that burden would be amazing for him.

4|1
    0|0
  • He would take better care of himself and his health (mental and physical). My biggest concern being with him is that he's gonna have a heart attack in his 40s and it scares the shit out of me.

3|2
    0|0
  • Probably to be more careful when he's cooking haha. He has a tendency of leaving the stove on, and putting my plastic spatulas or other plastic cookware on top of the hot stove... so they melt. It's nothing you can't clean off and if he were to completely destroy a spatula I could just buy a new one haha. But I'd prefer it if he was just more careful in the first place so that he could spare me the mess! :P

2|0
    0|1
  • I just want to say that the guys on here are Super Sweet! THANK YOU GUYS FOR BEING SO SWEET! Most of the guys on here, wanted things that would make their ladies happier, or they didn’t want them to change. That’s a great quality to have!

3|1
    0|0
  • I love his compassion however i'd change how much he gives to others because no one does him even a sliver of what he gives to them and ends up hurting him. He can't help the way he is and he just loves to help people he cares about but I guess its one of those good things but bad things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish he realized that thinking before he said shit them might actually make things in life better. People don’t like him much. It is always his way and everyone else is wrong. It is so irritating and annoying.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would make him live in the same country as me.

I love him more than anything and I wouldn't change anything about him. If I changed him, he wouldn't be the man I fell in love with.

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes