He's still on ex's social media. Should I be worried?

Let me preface this by saying I hate social media.

I just got back into the dating world after taking some time to work on myself after some crappy dating experiences. I’m pretty rusty after all this time.

A good friend of mine set me up with her SO’s buddy. We met about 1.5 months ago. We seem to be hitting it off. The issue is, upon finding out, my friend told me he likes about every other picture his ex has posted. They broke up in early October. I do know she broke up with him and shortly tried to reconcile, he said no, but then later told her he was struggling with the breakup and she said she was too. Also, they had also discussed marriage.

I’m trying to tell myself it’s just him liking the content. He’ll like his other ex’s pictures too, but she’s from years ago. He’ll even like pictures of old flings that didn’t work out, so maybe he’s just weird?

Either way should I be worried? I’m fairly interested, but it’s more so I just don’t want to get burned again. I just don’t want to potentially invest in something down the line if there may be a red flag...

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he just likes them because they're nice pictures. What is wrong with that? If he is posting lewd comments on the pictures or anything like that, I can see how that would be a problem, but it doesn't sound like he is doing that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to him about it. Don't be confrontational, but find out why he likes so many of his ex's pictures. Maybe they're just friends, in which case you have nothing to worry about.

• So apparently after he turned her away he was blowing up her phone saying stuff like the breakup really messed with him, how he wanted to stay but couldn’t. Then a little later the I’m having a hard time message followed. Also, my friend is under the impression he tried to make her jealous. He snapped a video of his food and then showed the girl he was on a date with a few weeks after telling her that he was struggling. Not quite sure showing off your date on social media means you're trying to make someone jealous though.

I don't know, that doesn't sound like they're friends to me.

• No, it doesn't. Sounds to me like he has unresolved issues with her, which means you might be rebound girl..