Is it normal that I'm 18 and I've never had a boyfriend or a first kiss?

It feels weird to me because everywhere I go people younger than me have had boyfriends/girlfriends and they've kissed many people... it's just odd.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• It isn't weird at all! I thought I was an outlier too, I had never had a girlfriend or kissed anyone. Guys at school called me gay because of it (and the fact that I wouldn't speak disrespectfully about girls). It wasn't until I was 19 that I got my first girlfriend, and I was almost 20 before I decided to kiss her. Now I will be marrying that very same girl this summer. She is my best friend and the love of my life and I am so thankful that we were both each other's first boyfriend/girlfriend and first kiss. It was definitely worth the wait, because now I have no one else to compare her to and no regrets. So I know exactly how you feel, it is strange how so many people younger than you have experienced more, but you're are definitely the lucky one for waiting.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not alone :)
    Had my first real kiss and makeout session this year at the age of 24!
    Nothing wrong with that and it was worth the wait.