Is it normal that I'm 18 and I've never had a boyfriend or a first kiss?

It feels weird to me because everywhere I go people younger than me have had boyfriends/girlfriends and they've kissed many people... it's just odd.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It isn't weird at all! I thought I was an outlier too, I had never had a girlfriend or kissed anyone. Guys at school called me gay because of it (and the fact that I wouldn't speak disrespectfully about girls). It wasn't until I was 19 that I got my first girlfriend, and I was almost 20 before I decided to kiss her. Now I will be marrying that very same girl this summer. She is my best friend and the love of my life and I am so thankful that we were both each other's first boyfriend/girlfriend and first kiss. It was definitely worth the wait, because now I have no one else to compare her to and no regrets. So I know exactly how you feel, it is strange how so many people younger than you have experienced more, but you're are definitely the lucky one for waiting.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not alone :)
    Had my first real kiss and makeout session this year at the age of 24!
    Nothing wrong with that and it was worth the wait.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• So? you aren't missing out on anything really...
    if everyone was committing suicide... would you feel left out?
    one day you will find someone you wanna kiss...

1|0
    0|0
  • more normal than you think and hopefully being here a while will show you that you are not alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Though its not common it can definitely happen. Its just rare don't feel uncomfortable about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i have 17 and i never had a girlfriend or kissed

0|0
    0|0
  • Same here...

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes