After first date, how interested is he?

Last night 1st date, 2.5 hours of drinking in a bar, we kissed as the chemistry was great. The vibe got a bit weird after we got out of bar when I said I wanted to go home. He hailed a cab for me, and texted me 15 min later to make sure I got home safe, then we sent a couple of more texts, with the last one being me said goodnight.

He texted again this morning, and we exchanged a few messages, during which I asked him if he'd like a second date, and he replied with "sure, would like to catch up again". During the date when I asked him what he is looking for, he said "just to meet people and see where it goes".

How interested is he? He is in his 30s. I have had very bad experiences dating players and would never want to go down the path with a guy who is lukewarm interested.

11