After first date, how interested is he?

Last night 1st date, 2.5 hours of drinking in a bar, we kissed as the chemistry was great. The vibe got a bit weird after we got out of bar when I said I wanted to go home. He hailed a cab for me, and texted me 15 min later to make sure I got home safe, then we sent a couple of more texts, with the last one being me said goodnight.

He texted again this morning, and we exchanged a few messages, during which I asked him if he'd like a second date, and he replied with "sure, would like to catch up again". During the date when I asked him what he is looking for, he said "just to meet people and see where it goes".

How interested is he? He is in his 30s. I have had very bad experiences dating players and would never want to go down the path with a guy who is lukewarm interested.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Dont let your insecurities get in your way. He sounds interested, but no mature person would ever fall head over heels for someone after the first date. First dates are to get a feel for the person, not to look for a future with them. A 30 year old person will definitely approach a relationship carefully since they have more experience (possibly bad ones). I would definitely be worried about someone who is more than lukewarm interested after one date. That doesn't sound like interest so much as desperate to me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Just take it slow, don't do anything you don't feel comfortable doing and literally see where it goes. He won't stick around if he's not interested and he certainly wouldn't be texting you both straight after the date and in the morning if he wasn't interested

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes