How to enjoy a concert that I don't like?

So I bought my boyfriend and I tickets to one of his favorite bands as a holiday gift. We have very different tastes in music. He listens to hard rock and I am more into pop. This is a full on rock band we are going to. I really tried to listen to the band's new album and like them, but it is just not my cup of tea. Is there anyway I can sit through 2 hours of this loud music and still enjoy the show? I have time because it is not for a few months. I really want to look forward to it and have a good time, but I don't want to be a downer for my boyfriend. Any suggestions?

519

Most Helpful Guy

• Live music is totally different, I don't listen to rock but I find myself enjoying it when it's live, probably because of the intensity and the passion they show

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg girll 😭. he owes you for this one. I don't know I'm into pop and all things cute, fun, and uplifting. i listen to rock but there's only so much you can take of that loud banging. and for 2 hours 😵😡. way too much. tell him to take one of his best male friends instead

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes finally someone who understands me!! I listen to Taylor Swift lol not hard rock! I know he would have a great time with his friend but he said he wants to go with me. I don't know how I'm gonna handle this...

• Well he’s actually going to a concert with me that has Demi and Nick in it next week! I️ kinda owe him one lol.

• Omgooosh 😭 i wanna go.. well since he's doing that I'd just stick it out