Have you ever denied feelings for someone?

Have you ever loved someone but not acted on those feelings because you and the person you love are in different stages in life and it likely just won't work out? Best not to ruin good friendship?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• There's someone in my life that I don't know if I would say love because that's a very very strong word but have always really really liked we've been good friends for 5 years now. He has girlfriend now but even before that I was always afraid to say anything with the fear that he would not feel the same way which in turn would make him feel very uncomfortable and probably not want to hang out with me anymore or at least make it more awkward when we do and I don't think it's worth risking a friendship... if they have feelings for you to it will eventually show and come out I believe just let things happen and don't push anything

• Good advice. That must be hard for you with him having a girlfriend. I hope it works out for you in the end

• Yeah they just started dating about a year ago and she doesn't like him hanging out with me it's painfully obvious all things in life will happen for a reason and you'll always find what you want when you're not looking for it. Also I believe it's important to be truthful to yourself he's doing a lot better in life than I am you tried a lot harder and I do not feel like I will be the person he has ever looking for someone who is equally responsible

• She is threatened by your relationship, I had a guy friend who’s new girlfriend did this and I invited her out for a drink to get to know each other. I felt like if I didn’t be-friend her I would lose him. And so far it’s worked out but obviously a bit different because I don’t have feelings for this male friend.
      Also opposites attract and just because your not as responsible doesn’t mean much. He probably finds that exciting about you.