Do you have a type?

I definitely know what my type is physically (dark hair, tall, fit) but I'm unsure of what I'm looking for personality-wise. I just know that I can't be with someone who's indecisive, insincere, rude, and unadventurous. Intelligence, a sense of humor, and the ability to actually listen really turn me on. (Major problem with a lot of guys: literally they wanna fix all my problems and play superhero when I just want them to listen lol) I just haven't met anyone I really click with and is as energetic as I am.

220

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I have preferences, but not stringent standards. It's better to say that I know what I DON'T want (e. g., disrespectful, disloyal, uncaring, unambitious, etc.). But, I like to think my not-wants are things that should be given; qualities that any decent human being should possess.

Otherwise, I don't see the sense in adhering to a bunch of specific standards, because I don't think love works that way.
    In my view, if there is true unconditional love (and I like to believe that there is), it would render some of those standards (e. g., preference for a certain height or hair colour) arbitrary and inconsequential.
    Like, I'll meet someone, and if I fall in love, it won't matter what I've preferred or fantasized about up until that point, because at THAT point, THEY will be the person that I want.
    If that makes any sense whatsoever, lol.

• That makes sense! It's important to have standards but at the same time be realistic with them, and you got that down. Love usually happens at an unexpected time.