Do you thing there should be a phase like "get to know you" before dating?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Why would I want to do that
    Vote C
  • whatcha talkin bout willis
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. My boyfriend and l met online and he was in another state at the time. We talked for 2 months and got to know each other before even meeting. It was wonderful that way. We really felt like we knew each other instead of jumping right into something. It’s important to talk and ask questions before moving so fast.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, this is what the early dates are about, and people should be honest with each other about their desires and expectations.

Trouble further down the line, if not.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• I prefer to know if we are dating because I have a lot of guy friends and want to know if I need to set boundaries. I don’t sleep with them but it’s better to establish relationships right away

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s kind of a must for me. Don’t need any surprises later on about things I should have known in the beginning.

1|2
    0|0
  • There shouldn't be a phrase, that's dumb unless your in middle school and were plain n follow the leader orlet's do what everyone war does. No. If there was a phrase everyone went by... then everyone woulda have the same opinion. No. Then we'd all act the same, have the same opinion, be like minded... therefore having continuous, repetitive, reoccurring, BORING ASS sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is that not what dating is? Or am I so old that times have changed that quickly? Lol

0|2
    0|0
  • There is. It's called "just talking" aka pre dating

0|1
    0|0
  • Dating is a way to get to know someone. dating and in an actual relationship are two different things

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be great.

0|1
    0|0
  • For most people that is dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • that's what dating is?

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• That is what the early dates and phone calls are all about!

0|1
    0|0
  • Last girl I talked to took forever on that phase and it got us nowhere. Gets boring if it takes too long

0|0
    0|0
  • That's pretty obvious, I mean, who would date someone he doesn't know at least a bit?

0|0
    0|0
  • That is what dating has become.

0|1
    0|0
  • I remember a time when dating was that phase.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is the get to know you phase, lol

0|0
    0|0
  • You mean like the phrase "hang out"

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • No. That's what 'dating' is for.

If you're in like high school, you often get to know people in your social circle, and reach a point where you decide you want to be a couple. That can happen when you're older too.

But more often, for older people, you've kind of considered everyone in your social circle, which tends to have fewer single people (and be more static). So dating happens with more intention - to see if there's a chance for a relationship. If not, you probably won't stay friends. So 'dating' is the first step, and a few dates in, if going well, you try being a couple.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes