Am I wrong for thinking this?

So my buddy posted an FB status asking if it was disrespectful to ask a taken woman to a formal.

I said no, and that other men didn't owe some sort of respect to each other's relationships. I believe that the responsibility is solely on the woman's shoulders to shut down any attempt another man makes on her. Am I being bone headed here?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• In a way I agree but if it's the guy's friends then they should respect their friend's relationship. If it's some random guy then no it's the girl's responsibility to say no.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I feel like your friends wouldn't do something like that though... especially not over something like a Fraternity Formal.

Most Helpful Guy

• On the basis of logic, you are correct, but. . . I think the world would be a nicer place if neither you nor anyone else had that attitude.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I totally hear what you're saying, people suck. Maybe I suck too. My point though is that we need to stop treating women like they aren't accountable for their actions.

• I understand that sentiment precisely, but the fact that women should be held accountable, and in fact should have the primary responsibility for that matter, doesn't mean that we are excused from doing the right thing. Never use someone else's missteps as an excuse for your own misconduct and you will have more integrity.

• That's kind of why I feel like there is a one and done policy with this stuff... One and done as in it isn't disrespectful to ask a taken woman to a formal or something once, but you best not do it again.