Why does my boyfriend look for validation on social media?

We had an issue where he’d send shirtless snaps after the gym to people on his Snapchat (including girls an guys). He also is now sending selfies of himself, without his shirt on, after the shower asking “should I️ shave?” “He does my hair look?”

Like, I️t makes me feel insecure and not wanna talk to him or give him any attention or affection. Why does he need I️t from me if he’s seeking I️t from others?

I️ feel really insecure and jealous now

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He has low self esteem and likes the way it makes him feel. If you don't like how it makes you feel express that to him. if he does nothing about it I think its pretty clear the next logical step.

0|0
    0|0
    • I️ have told him.

• Show All
    • it’s not worth I️t. I’m so fed up. I don’t do those things.

• go with your gut and trust your instincts. only you can decide what and who is worthy of your time and energy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he’s asking them because if he asks you you’re always gonna say he looks fine. So he’s asking other people to be attractive for you. I don't know, just a theory

0|0
    0|0
    • No lol... i don’t think so :/

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Don't over think it. He probably just wants to show off and make people jealous. That's a good thing on your part, if other girls are jealous of you, your confidence will grow.

0|0
    0|0
    • They aren’t jealous of me, because my boyfriend has sent them shirtless selfies. They see what i see. Why’s I️t matter?

• You asked that's why it matters

• Because he's insecure. He needs to hear he looks good because he doesn't believe it himself.

Or he's just vain.

0|0
    0|0
    • He is someone who acts like he’s a confident guy. And he claims he’s confident in himself. But, I️ know him. He just tries to portray this image. He thinks “men should not be insecure and jealous”.

• Claiming something and thinking it are 2 different things. Maybe he claims it but don't think it, but since he has an image to show, he won't admit it.
      That attitude is either a lack of confidence, or vanity.

• I mean, I like to show off my body too. I work hard at the gym lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Low self-esteem

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• probably narcissism, insecurity, attention seeking, or trying to show off, a lot of guys that goes to gym have one or a combination of those problems

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes