Does love actually exist?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I love this question. I've tought a lot about this.
    I came to the conclusion that there is not a yes or no answer.

If you want to know if it exists, you need to ask yourself, What is love?
    Because if you don't know what it is, how can you know if it exists or not.

This question has a lot of interpretations.
    Maybe we will never know what love is. Because what do we call love? It's liking someone on a different level. And is love something we feel always or does it go away.
    Maybe what we call love is what we were thought in movies. It's that feeling you get when only you and him/her against the world kind of thing.
    Or maybe we confuse love with desire. And that's what happens when you don't" love" each other anymore. Where in fact you don't desire each other anymore.
    Maybe we need to make a difference between unconditional love and love.
    Becaus unc. love is something some parents are capable of.
    But normal love is not something we can see or touch.
    There are many other things to think about when asking what love is. But to get back to you question.

Maybe love exists, but no person experiences at the same level. Maybe you are just more or less loving than the other.
    Now you may think that I am very pessimistic, but actualy.

I'm 20 years old, and i've not experienced it yet. But i'm a huge fan of the idea of love. I love it. When i see a couple being happy and stuff, i keep wishing it were me. I get emotional when i see a proposal on the internet, or when 2 people in a tv show get together. I love the idea of love.

But as i said, it's fun to think about it. Hopefully i entertained you. Much love.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it does exist, but it's rare. Most people settle for someone nice and not too demanding, or just the first person who comes along. We just make the best of it until we can't anymore and get divorced.

I know how you feel. I've been suicidal many times. I'm past being attractive or desirable to anyone. My friend and I talk about how men literally don't see us because we're old. They'll let doors slam in our faces.

But I look at it this way: chances of happiness may be slim now, but they're 0% if I die.

Also, successful suicides are rare. I don't want to be permanently disabled cuz I botched it. And I couldn't leave my family with that horrible emotional legacy. I have also tried and tried to think of a way no one would be traumatized or have to search for my body and I can't think of one. There is no nice way to kill yourself. Even if I managed to jump off a bridge they'd have to send divers.

So I'm still here. Want some pie? Dead people can't eat pie. :D

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I don't like pie, I don't like food. And you're not that old. So you've never had a bf/ girlfriend in your life? I'm afraid of living the rest of my life alone.

• Show All
    • I'm sorry about your mom

• Thanks for mho.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• No, and yes. What we perceive as love is really just a series of chemical reactions in our brains. But true love happens when those chemical reactions change or even go away, and we remain in a loving relationship out of mutual affection, loyalty and respect. What love is changes as we grow, even as we grow together. People say they fell out of love when what really happened is they didn't keep up with the way it changed for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It even has a formula:

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes love exist and I am lucky enough to know that feeling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, dont you love your mother and closest friends?

1|0
    0|0
  • it does. but in my opinion. it's a lot harder to find these days. I think the internet age changed things. and in some cases not for the better

0|0
    0|0
  • it´s a concept. concepts prove their existence purely by people knowing about them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. One of the telltales of true love is selflessness

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm only selfish sometimes but I hate myself because nobody loves me.

• Show All
    • Hope is for suckers

• I disagree. Hope can inspire courage with which a person can push through some of life's darkest times. Hope itself can't physically change anything. Rather it serves as an encouragement or drive for those who embrace it

• Yes, sadly, it exists.

0|0
    1|0
    • Why sadly? I mean I guess it's sad because everyone else loves someone while I'm here alone and unloved

• Show All
    • I wouldn't usually do that, but can I see you? I know you're not annoying, and I still doubt you're ugly.

• You guys know that statistically around 50% of people that graduate highschool have never been on a 1 on 1 date with the opposite sex? Its not that big of a deal to be single...

• technically yes

consciously yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and there is chemical proof of that

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it does

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think so

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup.. it does

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Men are terrible at it & women are masters.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn't

0|0
    0|0
  • Love manifest when you think it exist

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes when you ready to sacrifice anything for it

0|0
    0|0
    • I already want to sacrifice everything to find it but no guys want me. I want to have my first boyfriend, I've waited so long. Ill probably shoot myself if I don't find a boyfriend by 24.

• Show All
    • Ok it's cool you can trust me that what I can assure... Perhpas tell me country or state so that I have rough idea

• I might help you to get good guy

• love is a chemical reaction in the brain so yes.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• The truth? No, love doesn't exist, it's just a man's creation, just like good and evil. Since we're all men, let's just accept that love exists.

1|0
    1|1
  • Yes. Love is long narrow road that's hard to find, but lust is a highway for most people these days. If you want off the highway and onto that narrow road, then your going have read a lot signs avoid a lot dead end turns to get there.

0|0
    0|0
    • If only it was as easy like Cinderella. Drop a shoe and your man will come find you... sigh...

• Yes it does, its just harder to find now since there are more hookup oriented people than relationship ship oriented ones.
    You just need to have patience and not confuse infatuation with love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Its just hard to find.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It actually does.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it does. But it’s not fairy tale love

0|0
    0|0
  • It does exist.