Does love actually exist?

819

Most Helpful Guy

• I love this question. I've tought a lot about this.
    I came to the conclusion that there is not a yes or no answer.

If you want to know if it exists, you need to ask yourself, What is love?
    Because if you don't know what it is, how can you know if it exists or not.

This question has a lot of interpretations.
    Maybe we will never know what love is. Because what do we call love? It's liking someone on a different level. And is love something we feel always or does it go away.
    Maybe what we call love is what we were thought in movies. It's that feeling you get when only you and him/her against the world kind of thing.
    Or maybe we confuse love with desire. And that's what happens when you don't" love" each other anymore. Where in fact you don't desire each other anymore.
    Maybe we need to make a difference between unconditional love and love.
    Becaus unc. love is something some parents are capable of.
    But normal love is not something we can see or touch.
    There are many other things to think about when asking what love is. But to get back to you question.

Maybe love exists, but no person experiences at the same level. Maybe you are just more or less loving than the other.
    Now you may think that I am very pessimistic, but actualy.

I'm 20 years old, and i've not experienced it yet. But i'm a huge fan of the idea of love. I love it. When i see a couple being happy and stuff, i keep wishing it were me. I get emotional when i see a proposal on the internet, or when 2 people in a tv show get together. I love the idea of love.

But as i said, it's fun to think about it. Hopefully i entertained you. Much love.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it does exist, but it's rare. Most people settle for someone nice and not too demanding, or just the first person who comes along. We just make the best of it until we can't anymore and get divorced.

I know how you feel. I've been suicidal many times. I'm past being attractive or desirable to anyone. My friend and I talk about how men literally don't see us because we're old. They'll let doors slam in our faces.

But I look at it this way: chances of happiness may be slim now, but they're 0% if I die.

Also, successful suicides are rare. I don't want to be permanently disabled cuz I botched it. And I couldn't leave my family with that horrible emotional legacy. I have also tried and tried to think of a way no one would be traumatized or have to search for my body and I can't think of one. There is no nice way to kill yourself. Even if I managed to jump off a bridge they'd have to send divers.

So I'm still here. Want some pie? Dead people can't eat pie. :D

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I don't like pie, I don't like food. And you're not that old. So you've never had a bf/ girlfriend in your life? I'm afraid of living the rest of my life alone.

• I'm sorry about your mom

• Thanks for mho.