Is being a vegan a turnoff?

I went vegan because of health reasons. I dont mind anyone who does what animale products and i can cook with meals with animal products or vegan food really well. I dont try to turn anyone vegan, i Just have the opion that you can always try vegan food one time. I do mind kissing a Guy who Just ate a steak or drank milk or something but thats mainly because i Could never stand the taste and smell of those anyway.

215

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that being vegan itself is not a turnoff, but they tend to be sort of... I don't know... aggressive in their views? That can make those people kind of hard to get along with. Here's the thing -- I think that there are plenty of delicious vegan and vegetarian foods out there and while I'm not vegan, I admit that I eat completely vegan on days when I know I'm going to not get much sleep. I find that when I eat vegan, I sleep for 3.5 hours max and I wake up feeling like I've had a full night of sleep. There's of course a problem with that if I do it on a normal day because I'll find myself staring at the ceiling at 3am, but on a day that requires a bit of sleep deprivation, it's the only diet that will get me through the day.

• Thats cool. I went from being a huge insomaniac to a steady sleep pattern of 8-9 hours being vegan.

But my views of being vegan as stated above, those are fine right?

• Sure, but I would say that no vegan would ever admit that they push their views on others. Yet, they all seem to do it.

"Oh god, I can't even stand the smell of meat"
      "Ok, then why are you at this potluck with all of your friends?"

But yeah, as you describe it, you'd be just fine. I'm just saying that experience leaves me a bit skeptical. ;-)

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people find vegans a turn off. Not because of the practice itself, but because of the vegans because they keep shoving their beliefs down others' throats. I could say a lot of negative things about them that people have told me and my views personally, but you are a cool vegan so I will not do that. Anyway it depends on that person. Some don't find it a turn off and some do.

• But as stated above thats cool right?

• Yes!!