Is being a vegan a turnoff?

I went vegan because of health reasons. I dont mind anyone who does what animale products and i can cook with meals with animal products or vegan food really well. I dont try to turn anyone vegan, i Just have the opion that you can always try vegan food one time. I do mind kissing a Guy who Just ate a steak or drank milk or something but thats mainly because i Could never stand the taste and smell of those anyway.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that being vegan itself is not a turnoff, but they tend to be sort of... I don't know... aggressive in their views? That can make those people kind of hard to get along with. Here's the thing -- I think that there are plenty of delicious vegan and vegetarian foods out there and while I'm not vegan, I admit that I eat completely vegan on days when I know I'm going to not get much sleep. I find that when I eat vegan, I sleep for 3.5 hours max and I wake up feeling like I've had a full night of sleep. There's of course a problem with that if I do it on a normal day because I'll find myself staring at the ceiling at 3am, but on a day that requires a bit of sleep deprivation, it's the only diet that will get me through the day.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thats cool. I went from being a huge insomaniac to a steady sleep pattern of 8-9 hours being vegan.

But my views of being vegan as stated above, those are fine right?

• Sure, but I would say that no vegan would ever admit that they push their views on others. Yet, they all seem to do it.

"Oh god, I can't even stand the smell of meat"
      "Ok, then why are you at this potluck with all of your friends?"

But yeah, as you describe it, you'd be just fine. I'm just saying that experience leaves me a bit skeptical. ;-)

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people find vegans a turn off. Not because of the practice itself, but because of the vegans because they keep shoving their beliefs down others' throats. I could say a lot of negative things about them that people have told me and my views personally, but you are a cool vegan so I will not do that. Anyway it depends on that person. Some don't find it a turn off and some do.

1|0
    0|0
    • But as stated above thats cool right?

• Yes!!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• For me, it is. Being a vegan is unhealthy, correlates to higher risk of depression and you'd constantly need to take dietary supplements if you want to stay healthy.

Saying then that you did it because of health reasons... is rather stupid. And stupidity is a turn off.

0|0
    1|0
    • I was in and out of the hospital for 4 years and the doctors didn't know what was wrong with me and gave me hundreds of different kind of medicines, treatments and tests. No result but i kept getting sicker and sicker. Lost a lot of weight and couldnt do anything anymore. Then with the little appetitie i did have i ate only vegan food and kept doing do and about 3 months later all my symptoms were fine/cured. I dont think being vegan beats modern day medicine but for me it helped and cured my miserable late teens-early twenties of going in and out of the hospital like that. Doctors say vegan isn't a cute either but since i dont have anything wrob with me anymore they say Just do that then. And they had testes me for everything;auto imune diseases, cancer etc. Nothing was wrong but i was so sick

• That sounds like you have a metabolic disease. If meat specifocally caused you to be miserable, you are in for some big problems. However in that case, you didn't have much of a choice, yes?

But for the general public, beimg vegan is not really healthy. I maintain this opinion.

• Have testes on metabolic diseases aswell; nothing. I geel like i am oversensitive to external hormones (wich ofcourse animal products are filled with) but also i can't handle soy or birthday control polls either without getting very sick the same way as eating a small piece of chicken would. And its not like i am placeboing myself; one time a friend of mine made dinner and She made sure all was vegan. But i got really sick that night. Turned out the Herbal mix She used had milk protein as a conservative.

I have a hormonal condition called pcos (i only have weird period cycles and used to have acne a lot other then that no visible symptoms ) but doctors also disagree with me that thats whatmake me so sensitive to animal products

But then again vegan isn't the Holly cure to anything. For me it helped so much do dont Blake me for sticking to it eh?

• If someone "went vegan because of health reasons" I'm automatically going to assume they are a little stupid, but if the rest of them is ok then I'm not going to mind.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was in and out of the hospital for 4 years and the doctors didn't know what was wrong with me and gave me hundreds of different kind of medicines, treatments and tests. No result but i kept getting sicker and sicker. Lost a lot of weight and couldnt do anything anymore. Then with the little appetitie i did have i ate only vegan food and kept doing do and about 3 months later all my symptoms were fine/cured. I dont think being vegan beats modern day medicine but for me it helped and cured my miserable late teens-early twenties of going in and out of the hospital like that. Doctors say vegan isn't a cute either but since i dont have anything wrob with me anymore they say Just do that then. And they had testes me for everything;auto imune diseases, cancer etc. Nothing was wrong but i was so sick

• That is cool, I would rather have a healthy woman than a obese one. I mean, I would carry mouth wash, all is good

0|0
    0|0
  • Vegan isn't a turn off. Stating it ever minute is and looking at someone eating meat judgementaly is though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really a turn off but I think a lot of guys just feel it's difficult to live with one. As long as your able to manage your own meals then it wouldn't be much of a problem

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she doesn't have an issue with me eating meat, then her and I are good. So your case would be perfectly fine with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you're not trying to turn me into one, I don't care if you are.

0|0
    0|0
    • As stated above? Thats cool?

• not unless it effects the relationship or u talk about it like ur saving the planet singlehandly

0|0
    0|0
  • a little bit, yeah. cause eating out is a hassle. i't prefer vegetarian or something less extreme.

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny part is i eat all the foods vegans eat plus the stuff they don’t eat

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its great.. but then again, i also go vegan at times

0|0
    0|0
    • Well Lets date then haha ;)

• Show All
    • Turns out i am actully an alkaline vegan aswell.. only on occasion i like some black tea and i add some cacao powder to my daily oaths.

But other then that i am actully alkaline aswell haha never knew that!

• Thats great!

• I wouldn't care, as long as you don't try to force it on me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nope Just maybe one time i would ask you to try something vegan (i Bake a lot of vegan stuff;cupcakes, pies etc). Maybe that. That would be all really

• Oh I wouldn't mind. I don't see any problem, you're not like the vegan inquisition.

• No i loathe those kind of peeps

• It’s a requirement

0|0
    0|0
  • I love women juice...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I mean, I like vegan food every now and again but I cannot personally be vegan for my own health. Being a preachy vegan is definitely a turn off.

0|0
    0|0
    • But as i stated above thats how i act about me being vegan. Thats allright right?

• Yeah, that should be fine.

Recommended myTakes