Would you say your dating preferences are shallow?

• Yes I am shallow
  • No I am not shallow
  • I don't date
    Vote C

1817

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• Nothing is shallow is a ridiculous statement. Not giving someone a chance because they don’t have enough money, they don’t have enough muscle, or they don’t have a respectable job are all examples of being shallow.

Women are well known for turning down a guy who looks poor or grungy looking. There have been several studies done lately showing this. A guy dresses a specific way to make himself look that way and he is not given the time of day. 15-20 minutes later, cleaned up and with a 300000 dollar sports car she is all over the guy.

For myself I have dated guys I have been made fun of for dating. Their personality was pretty damn awesome while their looks were really not that great. I have heard more times to count, what is she doing with you? She is way out of your league.” It honestly isn’t a compliment, it irritates the shit out of me. You are not only putting the guy down but me as well by basically saying I have poor taste.

It should be remembered that the really physically attractive people are often asshats. They know they look good and think they are a gift. I prefer someone with a soul than a souless ass that looks like the picture provided.

• Well said. I absolutely agree with you. I wasn't very physically attracted to my husband I spent 15 years with. I fell in love with his personality and heart. That made him attractive to me. A man with a soul, heart, and sense of humor is so much better than a sexy body. My guy now has a daddy belly and is losing some hair. But I find him sexy as hell because of who he is and how he loves me. Looks fade. You want to make sure you end up with someone who will be your best friend.

• I think people play into the shallow v. not shallow thing too much. It's great if a guy has a great personality and creativity but he also needs to have a decent body and take care of himself. If I'm looking for a long term relationship these things are a reflection how he could treat our kids or manage the cleanliness of the house. I would never get into a long term with my most recent fling because he is absolutely careless off his anti-depression meds and talks about death way too much.

• In theory not in practice. When I talk about the kind of men I'm attracted to I sound really shallow, but when it comes down to the men I actually date I'm far more open minded. A great personality can take a 5 and make him a 10 in my eyes. There is so much more to attraction then just looks.

• Nothing is "shallow", there are three main types of preferences, either you like it, either you don't like it, or you are possibly indifferent about it, every of these preferences have several levels of liking or disliking something (from completely loving it, to absolutely hating it).

• My dating preference matches how I am, so I wouldn't say so. I don't think it's unfair to date someone who is like you. By that I mean personality and life style wise. I'm a pretty funny, out-going person who takes my health and physical appearance seriously.

• Not really... I just want someone who is decent looking, with a personality and brains that is compatible to mine. I used to think I was shallow for not wanting to date certain people but I just found them unattractive.

• As long he's breathing and there is chemistry, it's perfect

• I am not shallow. Liked to date short guy's since my college have short guy's and more guy's then girl. It also a Learning disabilities college.

• I don't think I am lol. yet I don't know he needs an education, a job, great personality, kind, confident etc. i don't think that's much

• I want a tall good looking person, gentleman/treats me well, educated/smart, with a somewhat fit body.

I don't think thats shallow. I think thats just what I want. Others may see it differently.

• That's pretty specific.. But not necessarily shallow. I interpret shallow as more of a brick.. There's no flexibility etc. for example, if that's exactly what you want and absolutely nobody else is acceptable, then that's what I'd consider to be shallow. However, these seem like just goals, which is totally fine to have.. It's just when they become expectations I suppose.

• I'm slightly shallow

• Wouldn't want to date you then, that's for sure. Why are you shallow?

• @VaIiant understandable

• @VaIiant I don't want girls taller than me either.

• I don't think I'm a very shallow person

• Shallow

• Nope

• No not really

• I'm not that shallow but I am shallow

• At least I think not.

What Guys Said 16

• Nope. Just want to rule out someone obviously incompatible with me so I don't waste her time or mine.

• i do have some shallow expectations considering body weight and looks but that doesn´t make me shallow XD it's not the only thing that's important to me.

• If a girl asks me out and her personality and looks are okayish, I'd accept to give it a try. However, the only people I ask out are the ones I really like.

• I have preferences of attraction, same as anyone-- that doesn't make me shallow.

• I don't know if I am shallow, but I don't think so myself.

• Yeah, they actually are.

• Again, I'm asexual. So I don't care

• i litteraly would date anything at this point

• I'm an equal opportunity dater

• i definitely would not

• Yeah normal people are shallow

• all dating preferences are shallow to some degree

• No, I didn't choose it, I just noticed it.

• Shallow

• nah, I think im reasonable

• Not at all. I'm not a shallow person.