Three guys I've been interested in told me I'm only someone they can have fun with because of where I am in life. How can I stop feeling so shitty?

I'm in school and I stay with my family. I don't have a lot of money because I can't work too much. I can't exactly turn my situation around over night but I am trying to make myself better.

I'm thinking about stopping trying to date for a while and cutting guys off period. I feel like I'm only good enough for sex and as a distraction from life's problems (which one of them dis describe as).

426

Most Helpful Guy

• To be fair I agree that you should stop and take stock of your life.

A critical look at where you are and where they are.

You are in school.

This means your not ready to start a family. (Hear me properly I didn't say your not allowed to start a family). That's what a serious relationship is about. And a family does not mean children or a dog and/or cats.

A family is you and your chosen spouse. Dating/flings is what you do between now and then.

You would be smart not to sleep with men until you are ready to start a famiky because you greatly increase your chances of living in poverty if you have children before you have your career.

So if these men are in school they know a relationship is not where they are at, if they are done school they know you are not ready for life after school yet.

This isn't a bad thing but it also doesn't mean they are using you. It just means they know the situation and you're playing on another field without the proper equipment.

• I hate dating/flings. I want love. I want someone to actually care about me. I can't get that from dating.

• You may find a boy who is also interested in the same thing but in doing so reduce both of your likelihood at finishing school.

Is this feeling worth losing all the years you put into getting where you are now?

I'm wasting my time telling you this... I was young also and did what your doing now. Wasted my education and took me many extra years to dig out of it. Had I waited and finished school properly I would be further ahead now.

You will do as you do. My advise is to dig hard into your studies get that education and your career then find a boy who's got his head on straight also.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you need to step back and do a re-take about what kind of guys you’re interested in. No one who really cares should be like that, although it would be wise to consider if you have time and emotional ability to maintain a relationship in this time of your life.

Every guy is not like that.