What does having a "nice personality" mean to you?

The more I browse G@G the more I run into questions asking whether you would choose someone with good looks or a "good personality".
But as the time goes by I find myself only clicking the "looks" in the poll options.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I don't even know what this "good/nice personality" is even supposed to be and I'm starting to suspect that it is something most people simply click out of principle without really having a clear idea of what it means for them.

As I analyze my past relationships, I simply conclude that all my partners were different.
Some were entitled, some were insecure, some were spoiled, some were crazy and manipulative but I have always viewed their personalities as something that you simply have to put up with because everyone is bound to have a flaw anyway.

In the end, personalities never really played a role in my breakups and I can't honestly think of a "personality" that would warrant me leaving a person who has genuine affection and respect for me otherwise.

How about you?
Do you actually give people a pass because of an aspect of their personality that you don't like?
If so what are your "personality deal breakers"?
Or what is a "good personality" to you?
Updates:
I mean, obviously if your partner disrespects you, is physically abusive, cheats on you or something along those lines you wouldn't want to be with them.
But is that it or what?

People say "I'm not hot but I have a nice personality" as if everyone else was a puppy killer in his spare time.
I mean, that's cute but what is that really and what is in it for me?

Because I really, the amount of totally shitty people I have met isn't that big, and the rest of them are crappy just about the same way.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• bad personality is like someone who is always "punishing" others for not being the kind of person they like. for example, a black lady treating and Asian lady like crap because she is Asian. Or a lady treating a guy like crap because he is short. Or a kid treating another kid like crap because the other kid is poor.
    personality deal breakers: entitled, narcissistic and overly arrogant, pessimists and judgmental, negative people who complain and are annoying, they want everyone to serve them but they won't lift a finger to help anyone else out or ask if they can help out at all, they act like they are the king of the world...
    good personality is someone who has morals, is kind, helpful and goes out of their way to always do something kind for anyone regardless of sex, finance, race, age, or what not... and you know what? we are all equal, we are all human beings who will some day die... we will all have to answer to God. So therefore treat everyone as if their sins have been paid for, and as if they are the son or daughter of God. Treat them or you want them to treat you.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As I reflect, i would say that "personality Ideologies" dictate how a person chooses their mate early on.

What i mean by that is that we all have this "moral compass" or standard we try to stick to. However... you realize overtime that "wait.. i kinda don't give a shit about X Y and Z... i am not that person and i don't do this or that."
    ^ so you adjust as you go, well how and why?

The only way you learn about who you are and what you like is to actually try things out IE: Dating/relationships.

"Nice" means nothing. It's such a generic thing to want in a person. If that's all the criteria you have to describe your mate... then you may as well stick to physical attraction.. which is fine.

I am ranting hard but guys really are clueless when it comes to feelings and self reflection.. sure a guy will sit there and thing but the stories i hear people tell about themselves vs the actions don't always Aline.
    - Which is still fine! Be emotionless, make money and get good pussy and give her half when she gets older, pay some child support and start all over again with a younger broad.
    - Does it hurt? sure.. the pocket books but if you are emotionless.. you will be a savage in the work place and kill it anyways. Sure your kids will hate you but hey.. you paid for their college education and your ex wive's boob job for the new guy to enjoy.

Then when you die alone in your bed.. you'll have some nice young tities to look at as you watch her squeezes your oxygen tank dreaming of the things she'll do with you money.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• People who buy me food and make me laugh are the best people in earth, I'll spare them when I rule the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means your ugly lol

I don't know it means your a good person!

0|0
    0|0
  • Being respectful to elders, honest, caring

1|0
    0|0
  • You are a pleasure to have around.

0|0
    0|0
  • honest all the way with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, personally, I prefer genuinely intelligent people with a sense of humor that meshes with mine. I like a person who has serious interests in life that they can share with me enthusiastically (except video games, I don't want to hear dick about video games). I have to be with people who are good at conversational interplay, and people who are comfortable in social settings. I want them to be enthusiastic about being with me. Generally polite, but I don't need doors opened for me or any prissy stuff. Not sexist, not racist, not xenophobic - stuff like that is important to me. Appreciates my weirdness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honest. Being caring,

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• It is too subjective to tell you every one has different preference on person ality some would prefer more aggresive some dont etc

0|1
    0|0
    • That is quite true. Everyone likes different things, and there is not a one size fits all setting.

• A guy or girl with a nice personality acts the same. The girl will be more cutie with you and the guy will be more nice to you. Nice guys do not finish last, I noticed a lot of girls date D-bags and these D-bags sleep with their best friends. The girls did everything for their D-bag boyfriend only to find out he is not loyal.

A person with nice personality would never do this. They will be honest, caring, trustworthy, and fun to have around. You should never double think they will back stab you.

Some people fakes the whole 'nice person act' to gain the trust of you and try to take advantage of you or become disloyal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your a kind person. There’s nothing wrong with being nice. If you weren’t nice to women then they wouldn’t accept an offer for a date. Don’t be mean. A nice personality is good!

0|0
    0|0
  • You're confusing kind with nice. Be an honest upstanding guy that provides, leads, a man on his life mission. Not a fake nice guy.

0|0
    1|0
    • While I don't need to be led, I do appreciate a self-motivated man - like you describe "a man with a mission."

• Show All
    • Uh, you notice I was supporting part of what you said? That's called finding common ground.

And you've made some awfully bold assumptions about my life. And some erroneous statements about what's biological.

Read "Sex at Dawn". You may learn something.

• @MlleCake - naw, I'll pass.

You made a bold claim that you 'don't need to be lead'. Sure, women don't NEED to be lead, they will lead and control a man-woman romantic relationship if they are forced to, but they hate it and will shit-test him to death about it. This all goes against what everybody had been taught since childhood, but unfortunately it's the truth.

Women loathe weak guys. Even the ardent feminists will occasionally admit they like to be dominated sexually. These are biological drives.

• Going by looks is a recipe for disaster. Look are great, but personality lasts. Look for someone who care about others, doesn't but into conversations, doesn't think their idea is always better, someone who considers your point of view fairly. Someone who is reasonably patients, who has a good sense of right and wrong. You won't find a saint, but you can find someone who is fair minded, has principles, and cares about your needs and feelings. These are the basics. Without these, there's not sense in having a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not trying to play games with my head haha. Just having a sense of humour, and being chilled out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good personality
    -Playful
    -Willing to try new things
    -Enjoys shit, eg rugby, programming or even showing off your new dress
    -Engages, for example I slap her arm, she slaps any other body part.

Bad personality
    -More focused on themself than the relationship
    -Wants to use you for something as the primary purpose of the relationship, sex, venting or just to say they are not alone

Make sure of each one before you decide its a point, example them not wanting to do stuff can be because you dont engage in it, because they dont find it fun, because you dont make it fun, or even because you are not making them suggest anything

0|0
    0|0
  • People with a kind heart and got caring ways is what a "nice
    personality" means to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically personality is like character, it is how you are riaswd, your values etc... saying I have a nice personality is not easy thing to say. Some people mistake having a nice personality with being nice, kind maybe goofy.
    Personality is something collected. Y life experince, books you read, though experince you went through, observations of people. Being active, street smarts, having good values, standing for whats right, being bruce, not being scared of death etc... Sense of humor, charisma, culture and a lost more. So If you are lazy than your personality is flawed, If you are a coward, not honest, rude, obnoxious no matter how. nice you think you are or how funny your personalitybis flawed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being humble, honest, down to earth

0|0
    0|0
  • It means you won't get laid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Means nice personality

0|0
    0|0
  • I can listen to you after i roll off