What does having a "nice personality" mean to you?

The more I browse G@G the more I run into questions asking whether you would choose someone with good looks or a "good personality".
But as the time goes by I find myself only clicking the "looks" in the poll options.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I don't even know what this "good/nice personality" is even supposed to be and I'm starting to suspect that it is something most people simply click out of principle without really having a clear idea of what it means for them.

As I analyze my past relationships, I simply conclude that all my partners were different.
Some were entitled, some were insecure, some were spoiled, some were crazy and manipulative but I have always viewed their personalities as something that you simply have to put up with because everyone is bound to have a flaw anyway.

In the end, personalities never really played a role in my breakups and I can't honestly think of a "personality" that would warrant me leaving a person who has genuine affection and respect for me otherwise.

How about you?
Do you actually give people a pass because of an aspect of their personality that you don't like?
If so what are your "personality deal breakers"?
Or what is a "good personality" to you?
I mean, obviously if your partner disrespects you, is physically abusive, cheats on you or something along those lines you wouldn't want to be with them.
But is that it or what?

People say "I'm not hot but I have a nice personality" as if everyone else was a puppy killer in his spare time.
I mean, that's cute but what is that really and what is in it for me?

Because I really, the amount of totally shitty people I have met isn't that big, and the rest of them are crappy just about the same way.

815

Most Helpful Girl

• bad personality is like someone who is always "punishing" others for not being the kind of person they like. for example, a black lady treating and Asian lady like crap because she is Asian. Or a lady treating a guy like crap because he is short. Or a kid treating another kid like crap because the other kid is poor.
    personality deal breakers: entitled, narcissistic and overly arrogant, pessimists and judgmental, negative people who complain and are annoying, they want everyone to serve them but they won't lift a finger to help anyone else out or ask if they can help out at all, they act like they are the king of the world...
    good personality is someone who has morals, is kind, helpful and goes out of their way to always do something kind for anyone regardless of sex, finance, race, age, or what not... and you know what? we are all equal, we are all human beings who will some day die... we will all have to answer to God. So therefore treat everyone as if their sins have been paid for, and as if they are the son or daughter of God. Treat them or you want them to treat you.

Most Helpful Guy

• As I reflect, i would say that "personality Ideologies" dictate how a person chooses their mate early on.

What i mean by that is that we all have this "moral compass" or standard we try to stick to. However... you realize overtime that "wait.. i kinda don't give a shit about X Y and Z... i am not that person and i don't do this or that."
    ^ so you adjust as you go, well how and why?

The only way you learn about who you are and what you like is to actually try things out IE: Dating/relationships.

"Nice" means nothing. It's such a generic thing to want in a person. If that's all the criteria you have to describe your mate... then you may as well stick to physical attraction.. which is fine.

I am ranting hard but guys really are clueless when it comes to feelings and self reflection.. sure a guy will sit there and thing but the stories i hear people tell about themselves vs the actions don't always Aline.
    - Which is still fine! Be emotionless, make money and get good pussy and give her half when she gets older, pay some child support and start all over again with a younger broad.
    - Does it hurt? sure.. the pocket books but if you are emotionless.. you will be a savage in the work place and kill it anyways. Sure your kids will hate you but hey.. you paid for their college education and your ex wive's boob job for the new guy to enjoy.

Then when you die alone in your bed.. you'll have some nice young tities to look at as you watch her squeezes your oxygen tank dreaming of the things she'll do with you money.