Is he just toying with my emotions?

There’s this guy I met online (I know, first red flag) that I thought seemed incredibly different from all the Chads and Brads of the online site (not dating specifically). We talked on the phone for a good 3 days straight with meaningful conversations, witty comebacks, and the likes. After that, he disappeared for a couple of weeks. We played phone tag over those weeks, but ended up not talking due to our busy schedules... at least mine is. Anyway, he calls me out of nowhere during work (another red flag, but to be fair the time distance is WOW) and starts talking to me as if nothing had happened. I cut the conversation short by letting him know I needed to return to work. A few hours later, I call him back and basically demand answers. He lets me know that he’s been in the hospital for two weeks (MAJOR RED FLAG) and wasn’t able to text me... but he did call me? Anyway, I know what you’re thinking... but I literally felt a connection with this man and for some reason I can’t push this entire situation out of my mind. Before hanging up, I told him that I wanted a relationship out of this and I would leave it up to him to figure out what he wanted. He called me this morning but I was asleep. AHHH!

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to say if he is toying with you. I can tell you, that now days, it takes a lot to be in the hospital for two weeks, as he claims. He is either lying, or had something fairly major going on.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is why I don't online date xD. If you feel something is wrong, usually you're right.