Online dating- Why would he message me first, but then stop messaging?

A guy messaged me first on OkCupid and told me a little bit about himself. I messaged him back and gave him the same details he gave me. I closed with a question, but he never replied. Why would he message me in the first place if he wasn't interested?
Updates:
Update-
If anyone cares. I matched with the same guy on another site. He messaged me again, then stopped replying to me. I called him out on it and he actually asked if he could text me. People are so weird.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Playing around i think

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He's likely talking to other women, online dating can be crazy! How long has it been since you responded?

0|0
    0|0
    • I responded two days ago, just a few hours after he messaged me. I saw that he was online this morning and I didn't get a reply from him.

• Show All
    • Thanks for the MHO :)

• No explanation for some people!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• He might have send the exact same message to several different women, basically just fishing for replies. Then he picks and chooses who he wants to reply to.

1|0
    0|0
  • maybe there was something that just didn't click.

Ghosting is an awful thing to do to someone but sadly it seems the norm rather than the exception

0|0
    0|0
  • Mybe cuz you are good woman and he search bad woman

1|0
    0|0
  • He messaged multiple women.
    Multiple women replied.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think any of them people on them dating sites are looking
    for anything real.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He probably copy and pasted the message.. and then got talking to someone else he was more interested in.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes