Online dating- Why would he message me first, but then stop messaging?

A guy messaged me first on OkCupid and told me a little bit about himself. I messaged him back and gave him the same details he gave me. I closed with a question, but he never replied. Why would he message me in the first place if he wasn't interested?
Update-
If anyone cares. I matched with the same guy on another site. He messaged me again, then stopped replying to me. I called him out on it and he actually asked if he could text me. People are so weird.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Playing around i think

Most Helpful Girl

• He's likely talking to other women, online dating can be crazy! How long has it been since you responded?

• I responded two days ago, just a few hours after he messaged me. I saw that he was online this morning and I didn't get a reply from him.

• Thanks for the MHO :)

• No explanation for some people!