I friend zoned a guy a couple years ago but now I'm the one with strong feelings for him?

I was friends with this guy in high school and when he asked me out back then I turned him down. We were still good friends throughout school but I have only seen him a couple times over the past two years.
He randomly texted me the other day wanting to hang out and we hung out and just talked for a couple hours. After hanging out with him I felt my feels coming on. I've never clicked with someone so well before, but I'm so shy about this stuff that I usually wait for the guy to make the move.
I don't know if he's interested in me though. He was at a point but that was two years ago, and I feel like this time it's on me to make the first move since he did last time.
Guys, what should I expect if I do let this guy know that I'm interested even though I "friend zoned" him in the past?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• After I am given the "let's be friends" speech, I stop being interested in her as a romantic partner and thus don't get friend zoned. Only that person friendzones is themselves. So if he remained your friend and is like me, it was because he decided that you were worth being friends with despite the romantic rejection. If he is not l like me, he remained your friend to be close and perhaps change you to like him, that is the friend zone.

• I never exactly gave him the "let's be friends speech". Back in school he asked me if I was into him and all I said back was if he was just a couple years older. I'm two years older than him, and in high school that was a "big deal" for a girl to date a sophomore when she was a senior. Now I realize that's stupid, but never have giving him the "speech" would I still have a chance?

• I have no idea.

• usually when i hear someone say friend zone, i think what i mentioned