I friend zoned a guy a couple years ago but now I'm the one with strong feelings for him?

I was friends with this guy in high school and when he asked me out back then I turned him down. We were still good friends throughout school but I have only seen him a couple times over the past two years.
He randomly texted me the other day wanting to hang out and we hung out and just talked for a couple hours. After hanging out with him I felt my feels coming on. I've never clicked with someone so well before, but I'm so shy about this stuff that I usually wait for the guy to make the move.
I don't know if he's interested in me though. He was at a point but that was two years ago, and I feel like this time it's on me to make the first move since he did last time.
Guys, what should I expect if I do let this guy know that I'm interested even though I "friend zoned" him in the past?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• After I am given the "let's be friends" speech, I stop being interested in her as a romantic partner and thus don't get friend zoned. Only that person friendzones is themselves. So if he remained your friend and is like me, it was because he decided that you were worth being friends with despite the romantic rejection. If he is not l like me, he remained your friend to be close and perhaps change you to like him, that is the friend zone.

0|0
    0|0
    • I never exactly gave him the "let's be friends speech". Back in school he asked me if I was into him and all I said back was if he was just a couple years older. I'm two years older than him, and in high school that was a "big deal" for a girl to date a sophomore when she was a senior. Now I realize that's stupid, but never have giving him the "speech" would I still have a chance?

• I have no idea.

• usually when i hear someone say friend zone, i think what i mentioned

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I feel like he most likely got over you but you never really know unless you try.

0|0
    0|0
  • most probably he would be receptive , because men are weak when it comes to this kind of stuff, but know that you do not diserve him and if it does not happen, it's only fair.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why would I not deserve him? I know I rejected him in the past but I thought I had valid reasons at the time but obviously now I realize I was dumb. I was young though, just barely turned 18. I realize my stupidity in the past but I have changed, so I don't think it's fair nor do I understand why it's fair to say I don't deserve him. I will listen and respect what you have to say about it, though.

• Just make the move, every guy wants to get out of the friend zone.

0|0
    0|0
  • He might go for it but he shouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Friend zone me once... shame on you... friend zone me twice... shame on me.

0|0
    0|0
    • So I shouldn't count on him to make a move again? Because if it comes down to it I will make the move

• The ego may factor in it. Reverse the situation and see it from that point of view. if a guy friend zoned you, then later changed his mind...

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes