Still not understanding this confidence thing, can someone explain?

If you want details about me just ask. So please ladies or guys explain this, "have confidence" thing because I don't get it. Still not understanding this confidence thing, can someone explain??

Most Helpful Girl

• Basically, sometimes you can be as confident as you'd like but that doesn't necessarily mean everything will work out in your favor.

Most Helpful Guy

• Confidence (n) - A feeling of self-assurance arising from one's faith in one's own abilities or qualities.

People aren't actually talking about "confidence" in the context of dating, because the quality they are talking about is not dynamic and should be applied evenly across all areas of their life. Small example, I'm confident I can solo on guitar, I'm confident I can speak Arabic, I'm confident that I can cook a good meal. I'm not confident that I can fly a Boeing 747, because I haven't really done it before.

In the same way, I'm not confident that women are attracted to me. Why? Because women have never been attracted to me. This "confidence" lie is just something people say to give pathetic virginal men hope, because people are convince they're all going to go all "Elliot Rodger". During our grandparents generation the word for what every man needed was "ambition". If you go to a country like Algeria, it's "seriousness". In Jordan it's "piety". In Poland it's a word that translates roughly as "virtue" (which is even more frustratingly vague than "confidence"). All of these words from different cultures are just something to say, so women can pretend like they take personality into account when choosing a partner. The fact is though, is that attraction is very simple, and personality doesn't come into play until after attraction has or hasn't been established.

Your attitude can only hurt you in the dating game. It'll never help. Confidence doesn't mean what people say it means, and the value, if any, that women are actually pursuing is someone being very certain of themselves in everything they do. Arrogance, in a word. However, women actually don't care about any part of your personality unless it's annoying, in which case they'll avoid you. Attraction is 100% physical... well and chemical, but you know what I mean.

What Girls Said 4

• The picture seems to be saying that confidence is a trait you really need to have, but it can also get you in trouble at times. Roosters are known to "strut" and look confident, but if that one turns and pecks the tiger, he's getting eaten.

• Confidence is stabbing urself with a knive ans believing that a knive can't kill u
    Thats confidence bitch

• Basically it is focus on your positive traits and highlight those.

• i think being confident is not being afraid of rejection, getting right back up when you fall, and knowing what your positive traits are and showing them in a strong and firm manner.

What Guys Said 2

• Be genuine is basically the same thing

• You need to define what you mean by confidence and towards what. Towards girl? None from my side. Towards car and road? A shitload.
    Why? I am fugly and have moobs.
    Why? I am driving since I was 5.

Please. reply if you need better explanation.