How do I break up with this guy?

We been together for about 7 mos and I'm just not feeling it. He's so good to me and perfect but it's not there for me. I'm in love with someone else. I feel awful. I'm suppose to be hanging out with this other guy I've had feelings for forever this weekend and I need to break up with him because I don't want to cheat! I feel so guilty either way!!! Is it bad to do it over text? I don't want to hear his voice and put him in the spot over the phone or in person.

827

Most Helpful Guy

• Doesn't matter how good he is to you. "Not feeling it" is a fine reason to break up. Just say "Look, I'm sorry but I've met someone else and I'm going to pursue it. Nothing you did wrong, I'm just not feeling it anymore. Good luck." Maybe I'm weird but I don't really see why this has to be done face-to-face.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You're right. I just ended it! He's taking it pretty well so I don't feel as bad.

• He probably already knew that it wasn't going to happen with you. Good luck with the new guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Breaking up with someone over text is basically the cowards way out. No one ever wants to hurt someone who loves them, but after 7 months he deserves a face to face. Just curious though... what is it about this new guy that makes you think you'd have a better relationship with him? If you already have someone who treats you so well, why ruin that? I think the only reason you've lost those feelings is because you allowed a new man into your life. How well do you know this man? Does he know you already have a boyfriend? He may end up hurting you and you may end up regretting leaving someone who truly loves you behind.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • The man that I am in love with I went to high school with. We've hung out and have texted each other and what not. I've always had a crush on him was just never forward about it. And I don't think that just because someone treats you well means you have To stay with them. If you're not happy you're not happy you can't dal love and passion.

• I've always been happy with him. Just not in love you know? I think he'd be better as a friend honestly.

• Understandable. I'd hate to be in your shoes right now though. Always hated that part of dating. Seems the more you want them, the less interested they are... the more you're not feeling it, the more they want you. Classic "always want what you can't have".