I really want to start dating again/move on but I still have feelings for him?

I really want to put myself out there again and want to date and possibly find a partner. I'm really motivated to find someone but I'm just conflicted because I still have feelings for this guy I used to have a thing with. It feels pathetic to me cause we never even dated but the chemistry we had was real when we were together. However, things aren't going anywhere with him so I know I have to move on. Am I doing the right thing or is this wrong to date since I still have feelings for someone? I know at the end of the day it's all up to me but I just wanted to see what others thought about it.

01