Will girls ever give a guy chance solely based on his personality?

Suppose there's a guy who's neither physically nor financially attractive, but had amazing personality, would girls give him a chance?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep, and I've done so.

I fell for a guy purely based off his personality as there was initially no physical or financial attraction there at all. Unfortunately his personality was a façade and he actually ended up being quite the jerk and I ended up not getting with him (which was actually good for me).

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again though (try to get with someone based off personality).

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some would, yes. It's a big world and people have all sorts of different preferences. That said, it would be more difficult for him because there are guys out there with two or all three of those things.

1|0
    0|0
    • Good point. Guys who have all three or have at least great personality along with one more quality that is looks or money, are definitely at an advantage than guys who only have one quality out of the three.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Maybe some girls would, but I wouldn't. Physical attraction is as important as personality EQUALLY. One doesn't go without the other, at least for me.
    But if your talking about yourself, I'd definitely give you a chance, you're good looking. :)

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you and you are really attractive, but I'm not talking about myself here. I agree physical attraction is very important for a healthy sex life, but I don't see women in general admitting this as much as you did. I have friends who have great personalities but they often get overlooked for more attractive guys who later turn out to be boring.

• Show All
    • You don't need to change yourself and compromise on your preferences. You should only go after who you like. You said some women only like good personality, but these days guys with great personality is also a rarity, so that process can be an equally tiring one.

• This right here 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• I need an initial physical attraction. I couldn't date a guy solely based on his looks or personality. Both are important.

A guy's appearance initially attracts me, but it's his personality that I fall in love with.

I'm sure a guy wouldn't want to be with a woman who said she found him physically unattractive, and that she was only dating him coz of his personality. Everyone wants their partner to feel physically attracted to them.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree, sex is important and physical attraction plays a key role in it. I would be happier to hear women admit that physical attraction is important instead of just saying personality because looks do matter.

• Not solely. Personality is most important to me but there has to be at least some physical attraction. Financially... I don’t even care about how much money he makes. As long as he is legally making money and taking care of himself.

2|1
    0|0
    • I love your answer, wish I could upvote it. But I guess there are other factors too. From what I have observed, the more physically attractive the girl is the more she tends to go after a guy who is rich and has status. Also the more physically attractive the guy is, the less he cares about physical attraction in the girl and more about her personality.

• Show All
    • I see, but the problem is people only get to know about the personality after falling prey to physical attraction. Let's say in a bar, you have a tall hunk and a short chubby guy. The tall hunk has no personality, but the chubby guy is great. Most women would go after the tall guy, neglecting the man with the better personality.

• A lot of women are like that. I’ve talked to guys that I wasn’t exactly attracted to in the beginning but his personality grew on me which made him attractive. I’m not going to say the cliche like “I’m not like most girls” but the hunky guy typical turns me off because I watch how he interacts with others... not always the most humble but if I approach a guy at a bar, I’ve already been watching him for a while and see how he his before I make a move.

• most my initial contacts is based on appearance, after acceptance comes personality and financial situation to see if a "keeper" or not

0|1
    0|0
    • Points for being honest. Then I don't understand why the huge hue and cry about personality I keep hearing everywhere.

• Yes, but in the long run if you don't meet eye to eye on important things like health and finances, it probably won't work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe yes maybe no. It just depends what other boxes he ticks

1|0
    0|0
  • "Financially attractive"?
    And yes. They do. My boyfriend now isn't a stud, but he has a heart of gold and a level of sarcasm to match mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah and I have done. This happens online all the time when you might not be attracted to his photo but he seems really nice so you take a chance.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hmm, interesting. I also want to add a point which isn't exactly relevant to my question but kind of falls within the question. Since you mentioned online, many a times I see women discount certain races simply based on their race, this happens mostly to Asian, Indian and Black men online even though many have great personalities. This although doesn't directly fall under looks but it comes off superficial.

• Show All
    • Sexual fetishization is very common. Many races want to fuck other races but only form relationships with their own. Yellow fever, Jungle fever, Vanilla fever are all subtle forms of racism

• Well I saved myself for marriage so... yeah.

• Thats a yes for me, having an amazing personality will shape the bond/relationship between man and woman. Financial and physical attraction can be attain in many ways unlike personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't say. As long as he's not totally ugly someone might.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 1

• Is that guy you? If so your personality might not be as good as you think

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol, well firstly I'm not talking about myself here. I ask this question because I keep hearing girls say "personality is most important", but I see a lot of guys with amazing personas single or friend zoned. What I have observed is that status and money has been the biggest magnet for women in general.

• Show All
    • "Not finding the girl who they are a type for" how will they find that out?

• The same as the rest of us? Trial and error. Learn from experience

Recommended myTakes