What does it mean if a close friend of yours acts like a fuckboy with his friends yet treats you nicely when you two are alone?

We were in a group having a conversation, he overheard his friend won’t make it because his friend wants to spend time with his girl. Then he says “This is why love is dumb, like I don’t even want to get married, its not fun staying with one woman your entire life” (Keep in mind we’re currently in a complicated relationship)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He could well mean it but, guys act like that around other guys. Many of us lie about or exaggerate our sexual experiences or act like we don't have feelings for women, i. e., being too "manly" for that. For a lot of young guys, settling down is a sign of weakness- why do that if you can play the field (that sort of thinking)?

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Oooh I see. He mentions where he finds most girls as thots just based off of songs he listened to or even calling girls as “b*tches”.

• Yeah, sounds like he wants to cultivate a macho Image to cover up the fact that he actually isn't one. I've seeen lots of those types.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• People change especially over years and years. Even if he truly believe that he won't in the future. It's different when you find someone that youve been with a long time and you want to stay with them forever.

However, you know what he might not what to get married because people are losing faith in the institution. But that doesn't mean he isn't committed to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • And yet he attracts you more when he acts that way. If he acted like a caring lovong gentleman and said how he wants to marry you and have your kids you would slowly lose attraction to him and eventually not want him. Tell him he's out of line but dont totally castrate him. Needs to be a perfect balance for the relationship to work.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's an immature attempt at impressing his friends and most of his friends are the same way, and their girlfriends most likely ask the same question you are. I'm just going based on context because I have no earthly idea what a "fuckboy" is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think he does that to make his friends to believe that , he is single. If he is too care in you. Don't worry about that thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • That means he's twice as fuckboy with you and have you on his "to fuck" list :D

On second thought he might genuinely be interested in you.

0|0
    0|0
    • If only he wasn’t being too immature regarding various situations. 😶

• Well, any medal has its backside which is never that attractive, but then again, nobody's perfect, right? What's his age? If he's of your age then there's a good chance he will gradually become more mature. Who knows.

• it prolly means he's a bit insecure but prolly does genuinely like you

1|0
    0|0
  • He wants to look big and clever to his friends but he dose love you
    But that's just what I think

1|0
    0|0
  • People act different around the opposite gender

0|0
    0|0
  • he is immature

0|0
    0|0
  • Means he's fake either to his friends, or you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he loves you

0|0
    0|0
  • That means you're his next prey.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes