Online dating sites/actually meeting?

I was on this site, a guy messaged me. He wanted to meet me that night, but it was like 2 am. So of course, I said not a good time. He said that was the time he works. From like 5pm-5am, and he sleeps during the day. So we haven't met. About a week later, during the day he asked me to drive like 40 miles to meet him somewhere. At that time I was at a baby shower and couldn't just bail, so I told him it wasn't a good time. I explained. He said it was a great time for him, then said he understood. We have had 1super long phone conversation, about 3 hrs long. It seemed like we were on the same page about so many things. He continued to text me, said I WOW him, and that he really liked me. But we still haven't met because our schedules are completely opposite. I really like him, but haven't actually met, because none of the times I have offered ever work for him. And I can't just drop what I'm doing and drive miles on a whim. He told me he was going on vacation soon. I asked if we could meet before he leaves. He said "I will make something happen this week" . I haven't texted him in two days, he hasn't texted me. Is this something I should peruse? Should I text him, or wait for him to text me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If u just wanna try things than wait for him to reply and if he doesn't reply by the end of the time he has asked that just message "any updates" that's it

Case 2: if u really wanna make things work message him now but be subtle and doesn't seem desperate...

Let m know what u did... Keep me updated😉

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Update 🙂 so, today was his birthday. I hadn't texted him for a long time. I text him yesterday, "I hope you enjoy birthday weekend. Do you have big plans?" He said he broke his phone at work and lost a lot of his contacts, he asked who I was. I told him, he said he was glad I finally messaged him again.

Thanks for your advice.

• I can read till "I finally messaged him again" (idk if it's app problem or what)

So, what u just described he is telling the truth I think because I have been through same problem (mobile problem)

He gave the reason before u identified urself that means hope that he is telling the truth.

But, b4 giving anymore thought think this relationship through, think questions likes would u b ok with the odd hours, what the scope of this relationship will be, are u willing to compromise some of your wants and etc.

The fact that u messaged indicate that some part of you still wants this to workout so the through b4 going any forward

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn’t pursue it... simply because I wouldn’t want a relationship with someone who doesn’t have that much free time and who is on such a different schedule to my own.
    I value spending time with my partner, the fact it’s that hard to even just meet? Doesn’t bode well

2|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Alarm bells are ringing. Have you had a video chat? You at least need to know this guy looks like the picture you saw. Where does he work? And why do you have to do the driving? He should be driving to meet you.

2|0
    0|0
  • He probably gave up on you. That said it's not a bad thing, since he always ask you to come, but never proposed to come himself. Sounds a bit selfish.

2|0
    0|0
  • U should text him. and ask him how u doing. that starts your conversation again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Imao don't even bother. Are you sure he's not a woman lol?

0|0
    0|0
    • Um, 🤔 well, I've never seen a woman built like him, but your right, for all I know he's some scam artist on the other side of the world 😫... Lol, thanks!

• Weird for a guy to flake

• I do believe he is just really busy with his business because my brother is in the same business and he also works a lot but for an employer. The guy I'm wanting to meet has his own business, and has to work his normal work + that of anyone who isn't able to work for him at any particular time. But then again, it could just be an excuse, I don't know.

• Seems desperate

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes