Shoud I agree when he say to be friends?

Well.. i knew a guy 2 weeks now and was amazing dates and chat asking me for relation.. and in a sudden when our friend started to talk with him and interfer he changed saying he want to slow down
Or even not speak for couple of days to see how we feel
I didn't agree thought we should know each other more.. though he agreed.. he said to our friend he is very happy with me but annoyed bcs i refused that..
Anyways.. he even sent evem if he said he won't
And after some days i asked to speak bcs things mixed and he was flirty.. and huged..
But he did smething bothered me to the point i left upset
Thought our friend told me he said he won't text or talk to me... he did lol
Bcs i told my friend ill not bcs he upset me
Now as we spoke by chance he said we can hang out... with people not alone and i said will see
Today in morning i wanted to tell him that better not interfer anyone... he said (nvm its over we r friends..) and i explained him he took it like that... he said he can take as he like
I like him soooooo much but i dont understand him why he send after saying he won't... lol
Then friends...
Wt is better to not show needy? Should i say ok that mayb he is right and b friends? Wt can b said to make him think again?
Suggest pls
Thanks :)

01