Why is my boyfriend dating me when he is much better looking?

I'm 100% sure he is better looking and smarter and could almost get any girl. But I think girls are worried to be with him because he's too good looking and might break their hearts, so they cheat on him. We have much in common and he likes my personality. But i'm worry he'll cheat because he's a 10 and i'm like a 5-7. Is he with me cuz it makes him look better?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Your mind is going to find a way to sabotage your relationship if you don't start believing he likes you. You may leave him to avoid being dumped when it may never happen cause he actually likes you. You need to believe you're worthy of something/someone before you get it/them.

But another way of looking at this is that being a single guy sucks sometimes. Having to approach 50 or so girls before getting one that likes you, let alone one that you like is no fun. The stability of a relationship, having a girl you can regularly see is very appealing... if she's cool and not insecure. You may want to work on that part.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like i've been in this situation. It was incredibly hard to deal with, mainly because he wasn't the nicest person and used my insecurities against me in regards to how I looked. I would give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but I get how it can be difficult.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Since you have a lot in common and he likes your personality, he obviously sees something in you and you're obviously doing something right. Enjoy the relationship and stop worrying. It sounds like he is with you for all the right reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • You think your a 5-7.
    But he sees you as a 10/10 as well as liking you for you and who you are.
    To him, your 'Perfect' in his eyes.
    So don't worry, at least he's able to love you for you the way you are, not many guys can do that.

I could that if I was with someone, but I've never had a girlfriend.

1|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe in his eyes you're the 10 and he's the 5-7. You are hetero and not attracted to girls, and you are one.. which means that you try to rate someone (yourself) while you dont even feel attracted to the gender.

My point is that you simply can't rate yourself. Leave this to him.

0|2
    0|0
  • Who told you you are a 5 or a 7 . We are all turned by different things maybe to him you are hotter than the best So called 10 is. So shut up, you have no right to Tell him What he should be attracted to. I see you or only scared he would cheat, But Also who said he is a 10. This scale is stupid Because it elimanates perspective. I am very turned on by women that conventionally may not be 10s and There are women that society label as 10s That Do nothing for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • how would he look better with a 5-7? if he is with you, its because its something other than your looks. contrary to popular belief, more and more guys are starting to go past looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop worrying, you're causing yourself of esteem to be lowered. Have confidence if you're dating a 10. Look at it this way when other females see you with him have confidence that he's with YOU not them. Guys can and will pick up on low confidence and that can cause loss of attraction.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe it's something about you. Some guys don't really care about now a girl looks. If she has a nice personality and you both have things in common then looks don't really matter. And maybe your looks don't matter to me that much

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you just treat him nice and he values that more than a bunch of deceiving harpies that are available.

0|2
    0|0
  • Beauty fades... if your a genuine caring partner and someone he can trust why wouldn't he want you these things are way more important. Be confident and remember he chose you...

1|0
    0|0
  • That is your opinion, don't have such self hatred and appreciate what you have! Relax! Enjoy what you have!

0|0
    0|0
  • Because sometimes looks don't matter if personality is 10/10

2|1
    0|0
  • Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and he likes you. Often times the worst critic of you, is you. Just be happy that he's into you.

0|0
    0|0
  • So from this I take it you think he would make a better looking man than you do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be worried. Just means he cares and loves you. Besides for some guys personality is important.

0|0
    0|0
  • You make it sound like you're something to do until something better comes along

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he obviously likes you? It's not just about looks. People have different priorities.

0|0
    0|0
  • it just looks that way to u not him

1|0
    0|0
  • he maybe just has a fetish for ugly girls

1|1
    1|0
  • Not all guys are about looks...

0|0
    0|0
  • Or he dates you because he loves you?

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• I totally get what you're coming from, but that's all our insecurities. Looks shouldn't matter at all, long as he is treating you right and make you feel so special, believe that he is a really good guy! He likes/loves you for being you. I had dated a guy that wasn't visually appealing to me but his personality is what got me and I end up having very strong feelings for this guy. Know your worth and he'll appreciate everything you do for him

0|0
    0|0
  • I never thought a human is only made of looks that's so degrading

1|1
    1|0
  • Why dont you just trust his love for you, or better yet confront him your insecurities maybe he'll help u with that lol

0|0
    0|0
  • This insecurity will destroy your relationship..

1|1
    0|0
  • I can't date a guy prettier than me.

0|0
    0|2
  • You must have an impeccable relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a fairly attractive girl and I date men who look like goblins.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes