What should be the age of consent everywhere in the world?

Vote A
    Vote B
    Vote C
  • Other (comment below)
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Age of consent is entirely arbitrary anyway. If we were really concerned about the long-term emotional health of our children age of consent would be 28. The bulk of reputable and responsible study strongly suggests the average person doesn't stop physically growing until 22, and neuropathways aren't done developing until late twenties. There have been studies that link some of the later forming pathways to cause & effect, risk vs reward cognition. But some nitwits decided on 18 at the federal level, and some U. S. states have gone as low as 16. Who needs science when we have mob mentality? Er... um... I mean democracy.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the laws in Australia. One can legally consent to sex at 12, as long as that person is no more than 2 years apart in age. At 16 you can have sex with whomever, as long as their not in a position of authority eg. a teacher, friend's parent etc. At 18 you can do what you want, but a lot of those authority rules still stand informally through societal and often professional regulation.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• minnimum 18 and above. Under 18 sounds pretty disturbing to me

3|0
    0|0
    • because i think, under 18 is the age, of studying and living a normal life, which most of the people used to live back in the old days, and thats why they grew up so fine and normal, unlike today's generation, where 13 year olds are getting pregnant

• Age of consent should be 18, but people between the years of 16 and 18 can have sex. This way we don't bother people too much, but we don't have an age of consent that lets creepy guys mess around.

2|2
    0|0
  • 16 years of age, Americans are so prude it is beyond belief with their age of consent being 18.
    we all know that young people are banging from the age of 14 or even earlier, so why not take 16 as the middle number and be done with it.

2|1
    1|0
    • Show All
    • Yeah, it definitely is fucked up. But I think a lot of states with a higher AoC also have these Romeo and Juliet laws that protect younger couples (given they're only a couple years apart) and prevent the older party from being charged with statutory rape or being forced to registered as a sex offender.

• @CarpetDenim I see, that cleard things a bit :D

• I voted wrong, I meant 16. But 16 with a minor. Otherwise you would have to wait to be 18 or 21, depending on your country.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would prefer 16 as there are so many people that have sex at a young age, that it would prevent a whole lot of legal ramifications. Personally, I wouldn't change whom I date to fit that new age if it were a possibility.

1|0
    0|0
  • 12 for close-in-age partners, 15 for universal cases.
    And I would remove the "in position of authority" exceptions because they are complete bupkis.

0|1
    3|0
    • 12? you want 12 yos able to consent? i started my period at NINE that means if i were allowed consent at 12 and decided to have sex i could have potentially gotten pregnant at 12! thats disgusting!

• @DaddysGirl18 You do realize that 12 is a rather common age of consent for close-in-age exceptions, yes?
      It applies in a number of US states as well as Canada.

"Consent" is a made up nonsense.
      As long as the person is sexually mature and outside of the classification for what pedophilia is, then there is no good reason why they shouldn't be allowed to have sex.
      It is their decision.

• Personally prefer if it was 20. But 18 is perfect in my opinion. I think 15-18 is that age where we like get to the basics of life. Part time jobs, more school work, pressure to do well.

0|0
    0|0
    • just bc you are able to have sex, does not mean you have to. making it illegal does not stoop people. people underage can still have sex. this is just about not bering able to have sex with adults.

• Uh I didn't mention anything about sex. Elaborate what you trying to say

• Guys if u have sex before 16 u would get cervical cancer so masturbate till 18.😂

0|0
    1|0
  • No matter the law teens are gonna have sex no matter what the age is

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the age of consent should be handled like it is in Japan

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes but only for people under the age of 18 which means it's still illegal for someone over the age of 18 to have sex with them. It's good because it doesn't incriminate teens for having sex just because their hormones are going crazy

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• I think eighteen is fair, unless the two involved are 16 or so and the same age.

0|0
    0|1
  • Lmao, as an actual 16 year old, I can tell all of you commenting 16 that sure, we're physically able and may be physically mature, but mentally, fuck no.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the age of consent should be the same age at which you can drink, smoke, drive, vote and anything else that needs maturity and a level head.
    I'd put it at about 20...

0|1
    0|0
  • It shoudl be 16. Teenagers are gonna have sex anyway, migh as well make it legal.

2|0
    0|0
  • 16. people have to stop being put on sex offender lists bc one was 17 the other 17, c'mon.

1|1
    0|0
    • It's not about sex we are worried of its about the responsibility we are worried of that's why you need to get old to have and enjoy sex as you grow old you will understand

• 18, with the option that underage people can discover their sexuality with other underage people within a 2 year age gap, but no younger than 13 or 14.

0|0
    0|0
  • 19 because honestly, we don't know what the shit we're doing

1|1
    0|0
  • Should be 14.

2|1
    3|0
  • Twenty-one.

1|1
    0|0
  • 18 for sure