What should be the age of consent everywhere in the world?

• 16
  • 17
  • 18
    Vote C
  • Other (comment below)
    Vote D

1425

Most Helpful Guy

• Age of consent is entirely arbitrary anyway. If we were really concerned about the long-term emotional health of our children age of consent would be 28. The bulk of reputable and responsible study strongly suggests the average person doesn't stop physically growing until 22, and neuropathways aren't done developing until late twenties. There have been studies that link some of the later forming pathways to cause & effect, risk vs reward cognition. But some nitwits decided on 18 at the federal level, and some U. S. states have gone as low as 16. Who needs science when we have mob mentality? Er... um... I mean democracy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the laws in Australia. One can legally consent to sex at 12, as long as that person is no more than 2 years apart in age. At 16 you can have sex with whomever, as long as their not in a position of authority eg. a teacher, friend's parent etc. At 18 you can do what you want, but a lot of those authority rules still stand informally through societal and often professional regulation.