How do people fall out of love?

Falling out of love means that your special connection with him/her is no long strong nor special. Falling out of love means you're more in love with the memories than with the person standing in front of you. Falling out of love means you are at the point where you've just stopped caring. And that's something that should scare you. How and why does it happen? How do people fall out of love?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• This seems rooted in the idea that love should or could last forever. You have to ask yourself: why should this be the case? People change, situations change, relationships change. And for better or worse, if you have had a great time together, cherish that. But if times are not great any more, consider what you can change to make a turn for the better, or consider leaving the relationship. No shame in that.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's because they've never fallen in love with that person. They just thought they did but time proved otherwise

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Love is like any other thing you enjoy in life. It requires work and effort to function. I find that couples too often let their relationship become stagnant. Love should be living, and always growing. Sometimes it also changes over time. The way to do this is to always set goals together. Pick a direction and work together to reach it. It'll challenge you both, build trust, and most importantly add new memories to the your tree of love.

2|1
    0|0
  • Because in so many ways we are selfish and we might be mad at the person or the person hurt us by doing something so hurtful that we just want to stay away from the person and sometimes we just don't like each other anymore sometimes we want change maybe we're not being satisfied we need more and then we lose communication it's all just too easy walking away is just way too easy if you really love somebody no matter who it is what it is you have to work at it all the time and it's not all about you or not all about me it's about each other is about what we both want and no matter what it is that we want in life we have to work for it we have to pay for it what's a better feeling if somebody and you a brand new car wow you just drive it until the wheels fall off but if you wanted a brand new car you have to work for it you have to pay for it you have to earn it you have to take care of it every single day because if you don't take care of it it's not going to run very good at all it's going to break down on you and then it's going to just break same thing as a relationship but if you buy that car you pay for it you earn it every single day you take care of it every single day when you're done paying for it it's yours you are so proud so happy and once you get done paying it off you can buy something else we keep going forward at all times if you don't want your car throw it away but if you want that car you have to work for it

2|0
    0|0
  • No one likes my answers.

There are 5 love languages, adults practice conditional love.

There are 2 years of "in love" tops after that it's a choose to love.

During choose to love if you or they or both of you do not actively hit each other's love languages positively eventually the love feeling "love tank" runs empty.

And... you're no longer in love.

1|0
    0|0
  • The greatest love I had until now just told me out of the blue she didn't love me anymore.
    The only explanation she could think of was that she sexually never felt comfortable with men.
    Until now we are still very good friends, so with everything else between us is nothing wrong and we have a lot in common.
    But still I wonder why she first was very much in love with me and how that also suddenly was over (after a little bit more than a year).

0|0
    0|0
  • Their are many reasons why people fall out love and one of the major reasons why are, the person never really loved you to begin with (Being phoney, Dishonest, and playing with your emotions from both ways), unfaithful (Both ways), and growing apart based on career path.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me, romantic love is when another person makes you feel better about yourself. Falling out of love means that you no longer feel good to be with or think about your significant other. It can be caused by many things but in my experience it happens when the little negative aspects of the relationship begin to pile up and out number the positive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually it's Death By A Thousand Cuts. One little thing after another, none of them significant by itself, but the accumulated weight finally does it in.

2|0
    0|0
  • It happens when the person you loved just is good for your life anymore and you have to move on you will always have the memories but sometimes you can't have the person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Falling out of love happens when couples lose sight of what connects them together buh focus more on what tears them apart like their dissatisfaction in one another rather than their affection for each other

0|1
    0|0
  • Many reasons. I think many people change with time. You are not the same person you were at 18 compared to 23. As such, the people who rocked your boat in the past no longer do this.

The greater reality is love is a living entity. Which needs to be nurtured and tendered too. People get complacent in this regard allowing it to wither, or die. It is tough work maintaining a long union. It relies on you as an individual as well as together as a couple.

Some people can't do the hard yards necessary and fall by and by

3|0
    0|0
  • That was not love. Real love is too deep , real love is making him/her happy without expecting any thing from him/ her.
    Love does not goes away.
    Its just attraction that goes away with time from selfish and stupid peoples.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bitches be cheating. Once the fantasy of loyalty and commitment dissolves, the only thing that can possibly remain is codependency.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some conditions can lead to it
    Lust
    Stupidity
    Money
    Anger
    Cheating and so many

1|1
    0|0
  • Break up, Cheating, Not putting enough work in your relationship, lust, money, etc

0|1
    0|0
  • They don't in my opinion. I think the feeling of being in love is just that, a feeling and a feeling only.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me falling out of love is when you lose the sense of attraction either on a physical or mental and emotional level.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually people do something to cause it cheating, or they said something to the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know. But you better ask my soon to be ex wife !

0|0
    0|0
    • You initiating that or her?

• Show All
    • He hasn't we just grew stale

• Than that's because one or both of you forgot to display love through your love languages and even possibly started to show them negatively towards each other.

• Nope never.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of the two stops trying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get into anime

0|0
    0|0
  • because people change, feelings change

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on your understanding of what being "in love" is.

My wife and I have been married 14 years. We love each other now very differently from when we were first together. The fire and raw passion of the first few months of a relationship die down and something deeper grows in its place.

The ancient Greeks had multiple words that English simply translates as "love".

If you only believe that "love" is the early, explosive emotion, then you're robbing yourself of the real nature of true, sacrificial love.

0|0
    0|0
  • i wanted some new pussy

0|0
    0|0
    • hope it scratched you lol

pussy cat :P

• @Missterio a couple of them did :O

hope urs doesn't tho ;)

• Why is everyone so horny on this site lmao

• Just as people falls in love they fall out of love.

But time to fall out is different for different people same as falling in love.

Some falls in love in few minutes some never do.
    Same some falls out in few minutes and some never falls out.

The painful is when one is in love but other is not.
    That hurts a lot.
    A lot.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• If a couple does not experience life in similar ways, then they will not grow to be closer but as different individuals shaped by “different experiences.” If this happens to much, there becomes less in common, just shared history.

0|0
    0|0
  • i guess sometimes people drift apart

0|0
    0|0
  • They give up on each other because to much tears them apart.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes