Is it worth staying on dating apps?

I've been using apps like tinder etc and I literally haven't had a single match since I got the app like 2 weeks ago. I didn't think I was that unattractive and it's starting to make me feel a bit down

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If i may like everyone has said Tinder isn't a good app. An good way to met people is to go out. Tho online opens up many possibilities on meeting women u wouldn't have ran into other wise. I'm using an app called okcupid that has a questionnaire that asks a lot of personality habits & things ur looking 4 in a partner. It matches u with people who answer like u. Plus if someone likes u and u like them it tells u. I met the love of my life on there. I wish u luck there's someone 4 everyone remember.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude dating apps for guys is rough. It's all superficial eye candy based shit. These girls fall for all that, get used and then are back at it again, never learning a lesson. You have to seriously work your ass off, messaging everyone to get some attention and usually pay for extra features. Definitely get your profile reviewed by a female friend who will give you some good advice. Don't want to come off desperate, thirsty or a douchebag. Having other girls in your pictures, like friends but not gf's is a plus. Girls are weird bro, seeing you around other women means your like ok, like other girls tolerate you so you must be alright.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Get a female friend to review your profile.

And if you're just looking for hookups tinder and apps like it are ok. But if you're looking for something more serious, try an app that's more than just pictures and a 1 sentence blurb.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think dating apps are a good way of showing you that there are options out there but not exactly the best if you want a serious relationship. I don't know what you are looking for but if you want a casual hook up tinder would be the way to go but not if you're looking for a relationship. I've seen it happen before but not often and it's not promised.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder isn’t a dating site it’s a hookup site. Try plenty of fish! Lots of marriages out of that one and it’s free

1|1
    1|0
    • I'm on there but not a lot of guys message me.

• Show All
    • @TheMagazineQueen No I was not talking to you as I was responding to the person who mentioned the website "Plenty of Fish" as like I had stated I heard from a lot of different people to avoid that dating site at all costs as it is loaded with nothing but low life whores...

• @BigRayFromNC hmmm I know over 10 people that got married out of there and that doesn’t include my husband who I met there. Every site you have to weed out a little bit of “shit” I have 50+ guy a day messaging me and I was on there for several months. It was a long and tedious process. If you expect instant results, lower the expectations and realize relationships take time to build. Longer to find the right one.

• Nope , of course not, go old school man, socialize in person, it's the best way to find someone. And I'm sure you're attractive , don't bring yourself down.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thats hard to do when the girls around you are all the same cookie cutter style of girls

• Show All
    • Looks to kid like for me... Also i alreayd have games i play and i meet women on there just not ones from my country

• If being on them is making you unhappy, then it's not worth it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nooo...
    Trust me...
    That is a waste of time...
    Why don't just go out... socialize and meet people that way... :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I've gotten over 100 likes on tinder but I'm chicken to talk to anyone

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, dating apps are great in intearcting people its still better if you date a real person. Go socialize meet people.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it's not. I've met a few nice people who are entertaining to talk to but for the most part there's no one that really catches my eye. I don't blame the app though but more so the area I live in.

Everyone here just looks really scrubby and the complete opposite of what I'm looking for in a person.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 26

• 2 weeks? Relax. Love don't come easy, even in the 21st century. I'm guessing you haven't done much research, so I'll share some basics from my understanding. Most apps use profile data to search for tier 1 matches. Better apps select tier 2 matches by recording search and review data. As in, what you're searching for and how long you review search results, including how long you linger on certain profiles. Everyone's search data is used, so every time you pop up in someone else's search, and every time someone views your profile, you get more data bringing you closer to a match. The best sites select tier 3 matches based on connections. Every time you contact someone, every time someone contacts you, the number of times contact is made, whether you've blocked or been blocked, etc. It takes a long time to generate enough data to select quality matches. But you have to do your part in the meantime. Make sure you have filled in your profile thoroughly. Use more search parameters to narrow your results. Take time to carefully review every possible match, and don't linger if you come across a deal breaker early. A lot of sites have 90-day results guarantees. I don't know any with a 2-week guarantee. Give it time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it wasn't till I figure out how to make it work.

Basically you need this:
    - A variety of photos showing you in a wide variety of situations.
    - Seeing that more people liking you doesn't mean better dates.
    - Stating exactly what kind of person you liked to meet.
    - Stating exactly what your intentions are.
    - Stating that the first date is informal and without commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating is a waste of time for men unless you're an 8/10 Chad that will have all the hypergamous females on the site after you because the algorithms prioritize.

It's shitty code designed for feminists to ride the dick carosel.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating apps are all superficial, as much as i hate to say it, it's all based on your apparenace since that is what someone sees as their first impression. Try going out to clubs or events. What I found works best is have a friend introduce you to one of their single friends

0|1
    0|0
  • A word of advice only stay on a dating app or dating website if you are getting loaded and laid on a constant basis and if you are not then you are wasting your time...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should, but you should work on your profile. You should ask one of your female friends to help you chose good pictures.

0|0
    0|0
  • Has only brought pain and suffering for me, not a single girl i've met on tinder has wanted a full on relationship, and we break up both disappointed

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get anywhere on those things, and I (humbly) think I'm better looking than most, and I've been using them a lot longer than you. If you're going to dating app, I wouldn't take them seriously.

They're a bit of a funny thing, because like most online things, it's kind of flaky and non-committal, it just doesn't seem very real.

I'm not sure what girls' mentality is on those things. It'd be interesting to see who they are messaging, if anybody. Maybe guys who seem like fun and don't take themselves too seriously? Or are really social and don't give a fuck. I don't know. But that's kind of not me.

But yeah, going out and doing stuff is best. It'll make you feel way better about yourself. More scared, it's more of a challenge. But if you can actually talk to a girl face to face, it means so much more. And if it works one night, you can actually touch her. Hurrah!

0|0
    0|0
    • Also, it's also interesting to review over your profile from an objective basis. Do you self deprecate or use suchlike humour? What kind of image are you displaying? Is it confident? It's important to be real and true to oneself, but it's important to know how one is coming across. What kind of pic's do you have? Awkward selfies, or more social ones with friends and stuff? But yeah, one can over think it.

• i wouldn't i hate them and don't think they are worth it. I've only ever seen 1 real relationship come from it in years

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel you i had the same problem I've bern on there for a whilr too

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think it would be a waste of money and time just as long as you meet up with that special someone

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to go to the meet me part and like at least150 people for anyone to get like one match for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Don't waste your time if you're anything less than an 8/10.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 weeks isn't that long ago, but I will still say that you should abandon it, because…let's face it: you are not girl or unresistably attractive guy. If you are guy who is average or worse, dating sites aren't for you.
    …unless, of course, you have the money to use their "premium" services, so you can have actuall chance. But even if that's the case, remember there are plenty of other guys doing that.
    Sorry. You were born male. You lost genetic lottery. And what you can do about it? Nothing. Welcome to life: your body is your prison. And you cannot choose it.

0|0
    0|0
  • They suck. Too many people looking for the wrong things on there.

0|0
    0|0
  • You may find your soulmate.
    I found a girl and we're so close.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't feel bad, I had one conversation on tinder in 2 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are woman, yes.

0|2
    0|0
  • Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • I hook up 1st like i. d. k

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys