Guys, is it a problem for you to date a woman who earns more money than you?

I’m financially in a good place. I’m dating this guy who I like very much...

But I think he can’t keep up with my lifestyle.

I can go anywhere, whenever I want and basically can do whatever I want too... I grew up very poor so I’m not the kind of person who will judge him or making him feel bad. I totally understand his position.

But, every time I offer him to join me on trips etc (I have offered him to pay for everything), he seems very embarrassed. He refuses all the time, and I’m afraid that this will become a major pb in the future...

He starts being distant and I’m afraid that it is because this.

So is it a major pb for you guys?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's great to have someone who can afford a good lifestyle. Wouldn't mind if she earned more than me. But if she pays for everything, I'd feel as if I owed her something. Not necessarily money, but there would be some kind of debt I would find hard to repay. And then I would feel unequal to her and would hate that.
    Her earning more money is no problem, her giving me small presents, would still be nice, but if she spends thousands for me I'd have a problem with it (unless these thousands aren't much for her because she earns millions)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think he thinks exactly like you. He doesn’t mind me earning more money.
      But feel bad to not be able to treat me the same way.
      That’s a shame cause I know he is a good guy and I don’t need him to treat me the same way as I did.