Extroverts are a turn off?

I don't know why but for some reason I extroverts are a turn off to me. Some extroverts are okay, but to the point where they have no perception and are just extremely obnoxious to the point where they don't even think before they speak really irritates me.

I probably sound like a bad person but my patience is only so short. I mean, I don't show my irritation or anything. I just find introverts much more attractive.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Whoaaaaa you took my question! My next one was literally gonna be "Are you an introvert or and extrovert?" Lol great minds think alike? 😂

I've been doing a lot of reading into this topic recently and maybe it's because I'm a little biased due to my narcissistic tendencies, but I do genuinely believe introverts are more intelligent than extroverts. They do have different skills and extroverts are generally more successful because it is an extroverted driven society, but introverts are the true visionaries behind the scenes a lot of the time. Many recent articles are stating there is a direct correlation between intelligence and being less sociable.

Here's 2 if you ever care to give them a read:

www.learning-mind.com/.../

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3756203

Obviously question everything you read as the information provided may not be accurate, but the articles are interesting

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm extroverted and I'm in the engineering field. A lot of issues that I see with engineers are that a lot of them they extremely brilliant, but often introverted to an extent of not being able to effectively communicate their ideas to others. If you know anything about engineering, then you'd know that engineers always work in teams that are often very large. So this behind the scenes visionary type of thing doesn't actually apply unless they can effectively communicate their ideas and thoughts to the team, which is often problematic for introverts.

Also, the HuffingtonPost is very well known for distorting the truth due to a strong and very evident bias lol. Even if the Huffigntonpost said something that I absolutely agree with, I'd never use it as a credible source. It's bullshit for the most part and most everyone recognizes that the HuffingtonPost is bullshit. You'd have much better luck searching credible sources on here https://scholar.google.com/

• Show All
    • There is a difference between debating and argument. What you're doing is the latter. Anyways, sorry for spamming your post @kaskas19 I'm out.

• I don't want everyone to agree with me. Nobody had to. It was just a statement question on one topic. Not meant to rise a debate. You never told me why extroverts were a turn off, you immediately went to saying it works both ways and proceeded to tell me how much better extroverts were than introverts. I don't like debates, hence why I didn't start one.

If I wanted to talk about it, I would have asked " Who is better, Extroverts or Introverts?" Or something of the sort. Which I wouldn't asks question like that because again, I don't like bashing people.

Most Helpful Girl

• As an introvert, you'll find that extroverts sap your energy. It can be physically exhausting to be around extroverts.

I've learned to be kind to myself and when I'm feeling too drained I leave.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • DAT is soo true. being an introvert dat happens ith me all the time.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Same. I liked this girl and thought she was an introvert cus she was very quiet during week one of college. Then bam I found out she loves to drink and party and I'm like okay I don't like her anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I agree with you. Also, with an extrovert you get the feeling that that's all there is to them, there's nothing below the surface to intrigue u.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am in introvert myself and extroverts really annoy me if they are really loud or always trying to be the center of attention.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thinking the world revolves around them is a common trait I've noticed too.

• Show All
    • Dude you're hilarious 😂😂 We would get along so well

• thanks, I bet we would too.

• You aren't alone. I bond waay better with introverted people. You hit the nail on the head with "obnoxious". I am 1000% more attracted to intelligent introverted women even if her social skills aren't too great at the moment time will fix that. I find most people inprove their communication and social skills as time goes on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Suppose it's personal preference. I'd say I'm more of an introvert than an extrovert however I'd say most of my friends are extroverts. I do dislike people who always wanna be centre of attention though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, for an introvert an extrovert can be a turn off.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well I mean you like what you wanna like. No one can tell you if its right or wrong everyone has different cualities they like in a person I personally like introverts too because Im one

1|0
    0|0
  • Haha this is funny. I was an introvert for many years. Felt like a curse. Trained myself to be outgoing and more talkative. Shit I'm going to die alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think extrovert vs introvert changes your personality too much. I'm an extreme extrovert I hate sitting around not doing anything, I'm always either working or out with my friends in generally not a fan of extroverted girls though not because of personality but because I like the give and take when I date an introvert. I've liked in the past that I've helped them broaden their friend circle and get out more while they have made me chill out and take some much needed me time that I almost never will take without someone else pushing me to. It's a balance that I find enjoyable.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are certainly a turn off for me. I love introvert girls. They are shy tho, so thats such a turn on for me.
    Are you a shy and introvert girl in general?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well welcome to GAG where 90% of the people on are introverts.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of my friends are introverts so I guess I like Introverts more

1|0
    0|0
  • Cracking the nut that introverts are is a delight, isn't it? :D

1|0
    0|0
  • Well i find introverts are major turn on.
    They have lots of things to be discovered, so i like that:)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm extroverted and introverts annoy me a lot of the times as well. It goes both ways lol. Introverts a lot of the times have an inability to speak their mind. Extroverts, in general, have much better communication skills, and are often more successful in life due to the fact that networking plays a huge factor in your income and career status.

Being able to effectively communicate with others is vital, and the fact that extroverts openly communicate their thoughts with less hesitation and second-guessing... well it puts them out there to open more relationships in general that could benefit them. Introverts from my experience often make horrible leaders as well.

Sure, there are introverted exceptions, but I'm speaking in the general scheme of things here. You're completely entitled to your opinion though.

0|0
    0|0
    • I also think that women are much better introverts than men. A woman's biology often aligns with an introverted personality. I know introverted men who are solid, but introversion as a man will almost always hold you back from opportunities in life.

• Show All
    • There* oops 🤦

• I'm not trying to annoy anyone here 😂 I explained why I oppose people. I do that to learn from their side as well. I thought it was relevant discussion.. but hey... Good luck with your answers. Ayers93 blocked me

• We all have our own preferences

1|0
    0|0
  • It's okay, you like introvert

1|0
    0|0
  • Turn off

0|0
    0|0
  • you're right. Extroverts are assholes

0|0
    0|0
    • Not all Extroverts are, but most have the potential to be. Or are. I've met plenty who are assholes

• Good thing I’m an introvert

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes