Why would a guy want friends with benefits?

The reason I ask this is because it happened to me and he was honest and upfront about everything and then would calmly talk and then after it was done decide to be abrupt and rude with no thoughts or feelings.

011

Most Helpful Guy

• This guy just sounds like an idiot. But to answer, it's exactly what it says, friends with benefits. Meaning for me (and I'm in one right now), you are my friend, and we have the sex, intimacy etc (benefits), but none of the other "expectations" that go with a traditional relationship, for whatever reason (s). Example meeting the family/friends, traditional dating/dates, attending functions together etc. In my case it was her that wanted this because she just got out of a long term relationship and isn't ready, but still wants to enjoy herself. I like it because I HATE dating, so this skips all that. We get to know each other MUCH quicker and the real person. Often when it gets "labelled" a relationship, people pretend or change themselves initially, where if you know it's not "serious", you don't care so much and are the "real you". I find anyway. But everyone is different as well and views fwb's differently. I have the same respect for her as if we were together and treat her no differently (unlike your guy). Like I say, she very much is a friend as well.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE