Why would a guy want friends with benefits?

The reason I ask this is because it happened to me and he was honest and upfront about everything and then would calmly talk and then after it was done decide to be abrupt and rude with no thoughts or feelings.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• This guy just sounds like an idiot. But to answer, it's exactly what it says, friends with benefits. Meaning for me (and I'm in one right now), you are my friend, and we have the sex, intimacy etc (benefits), but none of the other "expectations" that go with a traditional relationship, for whatever reason (s). Example meeting the family/friends, traditional dating/dates, attending functions together etc. In my case it was her that wanted this because she just got out of a long term relationship and isn't ready, but still wants to enjoy herself. I like it because I HATE dating, so this skips all that. We get to know each other MUCH quicker and the real person. Often when it gets "labelled" a relationship, people pretend or change themselves initially, where if you know it's not "serious", you don't care so much and are the "real you". I find anyway. But everyone is different as well and views fwb's differently. I have the same respect for her as if we were together and treat her no differently (unlike your guy). Like I say, she very much is a friend as well.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• I have heard some guys refer to women as "cum receptacles." It sounds like that is what this guys idea of women is. Find someone who care about you and for you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your question itself had the answer within. He doesn't have feelings.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you

• Show All
    • Texted you

• i wouldn't for it always gets messy for women cannot do casual. I am generalising by saying this but the three I had were just 'head fucks'

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you because at times he was nice n then became an ass

• Well, sex is awesome, you're hot, and you sort of have to be a little mean after so that you don't attach feelings to that person. If you want a relationship ever... This is not your guy. He will never turn into anything more, so if that's what your want, stay away.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because sex with you is awesome but maybe he doesn't see you compatible.

1|0
    0|0
    • Possible but he should have said that

• Show All
    • Yes but that is hard to do

• But that does make sense

• Sounds more like he wanted "strangers with benefits".

1|1
    0|0
  • She and he don't have fall in love they free

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't want that dammit date better men

1|0
    0|0
  • Yaah ofcrz... message me

0|0
    0|0
  • I was always under the impression that it was girls who were not fans of friends with benefits. I remember 15 years ago, a female friend I had a crush on was between boyfriends. We were both really drunk, I suggested we could be friends with benefits (like I said, we were BOTH drunk). She still gave me this really annoyed "NO!" So that gave me the impression it was mainly guys that suggested the idea and that most women were not fans of it.

Have things really changed that much in the past 15 years?

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes things have changed quite a bit and I refused him 3 times but he didn't stop asking.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes