Guys, do you appreciate girls who put in effort?

by this question I mean if you were dating a girl and she tried to do things around the house that men usually do such as mow the lawn, shovel the drive way in the winter, try to fix things around the house etc... just stuff men would usually do, would you appreciate it? And I'm not saying these things are only meant for men to do. Just a girl trying to do handy man stuff, how would you feel? And do guys usually prefer to do the manly stuff around the house?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Not mow the lawn, but help shovel the driveway? Sure. It's also appreciated when the things guys do around the house are axknowledged. Some times women forget to throw a thank you out there because it's basically expected for a man to handle "man things". But it's not always easy to do those things while also dealing with women and their shit.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• Yes & no. It’s fine if she does some stuff but I like to feel like I’m useful for something. Just like women I’ve known like to do laundry for me even tho I’m fully capable of doing it myself.

I have noticed that women who grew up around handy men take it for granted when a guy fixes stuff — it seems. That’s life I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd chuckle when she gets exhausted and goes and takes a nap after attempting to do my work around the house. And later tell her that she was sexy, beautiful and bad ass. XD AFTER of course I finnish the job if she left it unfinnished or only got half way done as I wouldn't blame her for that as a lot of guy jobs aren't easy, nor are they too hard for women so long as they plan for the long run.

0|0
    0|0
  • We love to feel like we hold are own in a relationship, just like a woman would. Rather it be our own source of income, doing maintenance around the house,... etc and no how I see it is just who gets to it first if she wants to go for it if not I will

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean id appreciate anyone who helped out around the house. Don't think any task should be allocated to any individual gender though, unless the person has paticual skill that the person of opposite gender doesn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be upset if she was mowing the lawn in a dress and heels. That would be killer, don't do that to yourself. (referring to the picture)

Personally I don't mind as long as everything gets done. Like if she needed to do something and then she mowed the lawn instead, I would get upset because it would be simple for me to mow it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Work around the house really isn't or shouldn't be based on your gender. Guys can wash dishes just as women can take out the trash. If you put in work to keep your place looking nice or you put in that extra effort to create yourself a project like gardening, building a shed or whatever then i think thats amazing, and i would appreciate it very much.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't speak to all guys, but I'd prefer she leave me SOMETHING to do to contribute. So if she's doing it in our shared quarters, what will be my contribution? I don't cook, and I currently hire out housekeeping, laundry, and grocery shopping.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do appreciate it. That means it's important to her. But letting a girl do it just takes away a man's pride. If it were me I would do it myself. This doesn't mean I'd always be working on projects, but when I do I'd rather do it myself because it makes me feel useful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would I appreciate it? Yes.
    But my love language is touch, so it won't translate too deeply.

Even then it'd have to be done in a favored occasion.. otherwise it could easily look like she's kissing up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those are kind of my jobs.

I do prefer to do them, truth be told.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd love it, shit most of what I do is build computers for clients, she can have a blast doing those kinds of things, I'd help her here and there, I trust she'll know what to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course. I find it incredibly atractivo when they are not afraid of getting their hands dirty.

1|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely. A relationship requires 100% effirt from both sides. I knew a coupke once where the husband was too sick to cut the grass so his wife did it, but he didn't leave her side as she did it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the men usually want to do these sort of things, but I would definitely not stop you if you did them yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would like her more
    But I wouldn't allow my girl to do these hard works
    For these jobs I would like her sitting near and talk to me

0|0
    0|0
  • It is much appreciated and also just adds to things that can also be done together

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont like it tbh. I dont want to be doted on. I can handle myself

0|0
    0|0
  • sure, why not. i would find this interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what it is. It sounds nice though, sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes