What are, or have been, your goals as a couple?

Hey hey!
For those who are or who have ever been in a serious relationship...

What are, or have in the past been, your main goals as a couple, moving forward? (excluding marriage and children) And what are currently or were your planned steps towards achieving those goals together?

Just curious.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• my goal as a couple is to get a partner to form a couple

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Relationships are different, so, therefore, they have different goals. But here are some goals from my two main relationships that I have had-

My ex and I were together for a very long time and started out as friends even before dating. The goals that we had (verbally or otherwise) were communication throughout the day, open mind to trying new things, weekly date nights (or more if we had the time), honesty, minimum to no jealousy, etc. We had a hard time expressing our feelings, and that was mainly why it was a rocky relationship overall. The relationship was on and off for many reasons, as it ended on ok terms, but it was a lack of honesty and crossing lines that did it.

My current boyfriend and I are really good at everything except communication, but I usually chalk that up to the two of us being in separate states at University. We find time to communicate when we can, but it is understandable if it isn't possible. I'm really paranoid, and constantly question everything about myself, a situation, etc.
    It bothers him when I do that because it ends up with the "what if" questions, but I have since toned it down a lot.

I hope this helps at least a little bit if at all :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Just to do something that makes my girlfriend happy everyday.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Just want have a long term is my goal. No short terms. That I have in past. Part from my first relationships in college but then girl involved and he ending up breaking up by text.

0|0
    0|0
  • Main goals mmmm... first of all a stable relationship in my case would be good start. Goals would be having fun, going out to places, help each other out, good communication, understand each other, respect each other’s wishes. Yeah those would be good goals for a happy relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes