Should I be upset about the fact that my mom constantly criticizes the women I date?

I love my mom, but she never likes any woman that I date. She thinks that I only date "dirty whores." I would like her to be happy for me, but I refuse to bend to her standards when it comes to dating. It's my life! No, they are NOT "dirty whores"! I date fine, wonderful women! Any suggestions on how to try to keep peace with my mom?

1021

Most Helpful Girl

• What type of woman does your mum want you to date as opposed to these so-called "dirty whores" of your choice?

• So called "decent women," but she can't be specific. I don't think she will like anyone...

• Could be emotional displacement.
      "Mysery loves company"

• @asker Do you think its possible your mum is a little bit jealous of the happiness you have in relationshhips? To keep the peace, don't try. I think your mum will not change her mind unless her vision for you walks through the door.