Have you ever thought a guy/girl was too nice?

I recently started dating this guy and he's honestly the nicest, sweetest person ever but when we first met I started thinking he's too nice. After a few days I just started to realize that I was so used to men being such jerks that I think my idea of every guy was warped and I put up with it cause I thought I would be alone forever if I didn't. So I was wondering if anyone else had ever struggled or thought things like that

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My date last week didn't want a second date bc i was too nice and i wasn't even trying xD
    And another woman i was interested told me "being a gentlemen all the time is a turnoff" haha

But to anwser your question yes but i prefer the outgoing optimistic types bc i get butterflies bwing around them :)

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I was the same way I didn't wanna give nice guys a chance but now I'm very glad I did. You'll find a girl who's into or changes her mind

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people misconstrue nice with weak. It is very possible to be a good kind person and be strong. Of course I've only ever found one and I kept him lol. The difference between a self proclaimed nice guy and a man who is actually good is experience with their dark side. Good people are the ones who know their limitations, what they are capable of and still choose to be nice. People who crawl through the shit and pull themselves out of it are inspiring, rare, and awesome.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes that's exactly the kind of guy I'm talk about nice but strong. He's a gentlemen but can handle himself.

• Show All
    • I understand completely. It's hard because everyone else in the world is still an asshole but being able to come home and be at peace... I don't even think I could do the old way anymore, when he dies I'm going to be single because I never knew life didn't have to be so hard lol

• Lol yes! Like what are other people doing putting up with all that stress when people like them exist. I'm just naturally a very easing going person so finding someone so chill and on the same level is amazing.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• No such thing as too nice- I like really nice people and want to be extra nice to them to show my appreciation for their niceness.

2|1
    0|0
  • **I** was too nice, eventually too nice = too much attention, too much attention = too clingy, too clingy = unattractive, unattractive = get away from me, get away from me = dumped. Valuable lesson learned; just don't give a damn half the time, of course be attentive and nice in general, but overly doing it will be seen as desperate.

0|2
    0|0
  • Too nice, no. But definitely too indecisive and hard to read, absolutely!

I've gone on dates in the past where the girl practically just sits there as though waiting for... something. So I talk and trying to get a conversation going and the result goes flat or she just seemed scatterbrained.

Again these are past experiences, I haven't had a date in about 15 years. Due to college and work. Perhaps that's TMI, lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too nice is just code for a pushover. Both men and women want to have a little bit of chase or they tend to get bored.

People generally don't like being put on a pedestal they want a relationship where they have something to gain as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have few female friends, the ones I do have are all in relationships. I've been told by friends that apparently, I'm too nice and the single girls are assuming I'm after something 😌 Made for some awkward situations.

1|0
    0|0
  • My sister thinks there is such a thing as too nice and I believe it as well.
    But that too nice will be perfect for someone else so take it or leave it.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as he isn't a doormat who sacrifices all of his happiness for you and actually calls you out on some of your bullshit, than yeah, nice and charming can be a plus.

0|0
    0|0
  • yah, that's why i broke up with my last girlfriend, she was an angel and I was poisoned from my last relationship, so once I noticed I'm passing that poison I broke up with her to save her !

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep and I ended it with her a few days ago. She was always buying me stuff to try impress me/make me like her because she didn't feel she was good enough for me. Big turnoff.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a girl is too nice sometimes i would worry that people would take advantage of her. Plus i would want her to be able to stand up to me if i was acting like a jerk. So some backbone is required.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok to clarify I don't mean like no backbone nice just like they stand up for themselves or you but just in general like a nice person who goes with the flow

• It's not an abnormal way of thinking. We're used to the if they're nice they're also a salesperson, or trying to get into your pants, etc. It's always buyer beware

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was a young man I was always being told the I was "to nice". By my mid 20's everyone who knew me from then were asking, "You were so nice, what happened?".

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually appreciate people like that a lot. True gems.

1|1
    0|0
  • I once knew a nice girl made out with her knowing I wasn't attracted to her and that sucked.

1|0
    0|0
  • Every girls an attention whore in my eyes just gotta find the 1 that's worth putting up with it:) and you found 1 in a million don't let that get dry

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that people deserve the same treatment they give, but I also believe in the ability humans have to learn from each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't go out with a girl that's too nice cause I'd walk all over her.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|0
    0|0
  • Somtimes.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, sometimes people come across so lovely and nice it comes across as insincere.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, actually. I don't dislike them for it, but I tend to be untrusting because in my life if people are nice they usually want something or they're just masking how horrible they really are.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well not towards me. I'm a cunt magnet. But sometimes you see people being trrated like shit and they don't bitch slap their shit-treater.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think am the most nicest person I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'm usually the nice one

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, when I started dating my boyfriend, he seemed pretty perfect, but now, the only fault I find is that he can be WAY to Nice sometimes (and some continuos grammar mistakes)... Nice is good at most times in daily life, but sometimes I feel like I am the only one with an opinion, because he always does whatever I suggest, even if I suggest I do it. Like the dishes, or cleaning the appartments (we live sperately). Although he is also the sweetest person I know, and has a hard-working, honest, and caring personality, and we share several hobbies.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes