Have you ever thought a guy/girl was too nice?

I recently started dating this guy and he's honestly the nicest, sweetest person ever but when we first met I started thinking he's too nice. After a few days I just started to realize that I was so used to men being such jerks that I think my idea of every guy was warped and I put up with it cause I thought I would be alone forever if I didn't. So I was wondering if anyone else had ever struggled or thought things like that

721

Most Helpful Guy

• My date last week didn't want a second date bc i was too nice and i wasn't even trying xD
    And another woman i was interested told me "being a gentlemen all the time is a turnoff" haha

But to anwser your question yes but i prefer the outgoing optimistic types bc i get butterflies bwing around them :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I was the same way I didn't wanna give nice guys a chance but now I'm very glad I did. You'll find a girl who's into or changes her mind

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people misconstrue nice with weak. It is very possible to be a good kind person and be strong. Of course I've only ever found one and I kept him lol. The difference between a self proclaimed nice guy and a man who is actually good is experience with their dark side. Good people are the ones who know their limitations, what they are capable of and still choose to be nice. People who crawl through the shit and pull themselves out of it are inspiring, rare, and awesome.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes that's exactly the kind of guy I'm talk about nice but strong. He's a gentlemen but can handle himself.

• I understand completely. It's hard because everyone else in the world is still an asshole but being able to come home and be at peace... I don't even think I could do the old way anymore, when he dies I'm going to be single because I never knew life didn't have to be so hard lol

• Lol yes! Like what are other people doing putting up with all that stress when people like them exist. I'm just naturally a very easing going person so finding someone so chill and on the same level is amazing.