Are looks important?

To me it doesn't as long as the person takes care of themselves. Someone can be extremely attractive with a horrible attitude and it completely turns me away from them. What do you all think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Agreed. I'm into alt girls and I have made the mistake of assuming that just because I find them hot dosent mean they dont have a horrible attitude. However, saying that, we all need to sexually attracted to the one we are with so I guess there's a balance. The most important thing for me is if I can talk to a girl make that connection. The rest follows ☺

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I think looks are important but are definitely not the most important thing in a relationship. Obviously, I would never marry someone solely based on looks because looks eventually fade, but I do think looks are of importance because I want to marry someone that I'm both physically and emotionally attracted to.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Yes, they're important. If they are of no importance to you then is it fair to say that you could be attracted to any age appropriate guy who has a good attitude and is well groomed and well dressed? His face could literally be anything and you could be attracted? You could have sex with him, regardless of how his face looked?

1|1
    0|0
    • Honestly yes I could. I dated a guy a few years ago that had a huge scar on his face and he had a problem with acne, but he was sweet & he made me laugh when I wanted to blow up on the world. Another ex of mine was pretty overweight but again he was really sweet & I had been friends with him for years. They both had beautiful personalities though & I loved that about them.

• Fair enough, that's nice to hear. I would say that you are quite rare in that respect. I think that looks are important but I do believe that personality can enhance how someone looks to you. I could not be with someone who does not appear physically attractive to me, however they may achieve that.

• Thank you for your opinion ^_^

• Well it's down to the person.. me I'm not too bothered but they have to be nice, intelligent first. Looks not too important but if they look like they fell out the ugly tree I would definitely think twice.. after all half the reason for a stroll is to look at the scenery!

1|0
    0|0
  • It's true what you say but someone who looks after themselves are genrally attractive

1|1
    0|0
    • Right I agree someone can look attractive if they take care of themselves, but I'm talking like if someone has a great personality but are kind of chubby or maybe have huge teeth or something of that nature, would that matter to you all?

• Show All
    • Lol well thanks for ur opinion ^_^

• Pleasure 😊

• Personality is always a big factor but if your not attracted to their looks then personality won't be enough

0|0
    1|0
    • For some it is or their personality will end up making them physically appealing

• Sure, but can they look horrible and be extremely good souled and an honest human being and be attractive? I see how you didn't use that example.
    Most girls who say this use the, "he can be gorgeous but not an asshole"
    It's hard to imagine your prince charming not looking good that's just how it is.
    I don't think you believe your own words.

0|0
    0|0
    • U obviously didn't read my replies. I've dated men who weren't too attractive physically but had amazing personalities. One had a huge scar across his face & he had a bad acne condition. But he was one of the sweetest guys I knew. Then I dated one of my long time friends who was obese but he was sweet & I loved his sense of humor.

• And I didn't say "look horrible" because if someone has a good soul that can make them just as beautiful in my opinion.

• looks are important if she isn't attractive or not my type at all i won't even approach the girl.

Without having the proper look a guy will not make any move on the girl

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks are important, but attitude, interests, humor and personality are far more important to me. But I've known plenty of guys who were far less enlightened.

1|0
    0|0
  • Totally agree. i have met quite a few so called beautiful women that become pretty damn ugly as soon as they open their mouths.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are important to attract potential mates.
    But once you have met, it's up to your personality to keep them around

1|0
    0|0
  • So you are not a fun of 'draco in leather pants?'. In the end of the day both looks/body and personality is important, it's hard to date an ugly girl, and it's hard to date an bad/slutty girl. Also men mean usually can about looks more then women. I might compromise on a looks a little, if a girl have very good personality, but so far there was always an limit to how much a can on a looks, and if a girl is ugly, a guy not likely to try get to know her in the first place, so look usually comes first in any case, even for people who care also about personality.

tvtropes.org/.../DracoInLeatherPants

1|0
    0|0
    • I mean "men are usually care about looks more then women".

• Agreed with you personality n person behaviour more important than looks

1|0
    0|0
  • The best beer is an open beer and every day is the best day of my life

1|0
    0|0
  • Simply put, I agree with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree

1|0
    0|0
  • Our thoughts are similar

1|0
    0|0
  • True...

1|0
    0|0
  • very true

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Looks definetley dont matter as much as personality, but if you're attractive physically, its nice to look at.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes