Do we have to "define the relationship" before break?

I went on a first date with this guy just over a week ago, and I also saw him last night. Things seem to be going well and we haven't had sex or even kissed yet so I don't think he's just looking to hook up. The only issue is that we're in the middle of finals and will be leaving for winter break in a week, but I'll probably see him two or three more times before we leave. It feels too early to "define the relationship" or whatever, but I'm not sure what the best way to handle being on opposite sides of the country for a month so early on in seeing each other. Any ideas on how to best proceed in this situation?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Whats the worst thing that could happen? You dont do anything and you loose your chance now that would just leave then regretting. And you would likely hate yourself for the rest of the break. I'd say risk it and if things get to you the fall back thing to say you love him just give him a peck on the cheek and walk away. That is sure to get how you feel about him across and who knows he might chase after you.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Play it cool. Have a nice date right before you leave each other and then maintain the connection through text. Don’t be pushy or try to define it. If he’s not looking for just a hook up he’ll be thinking the same things as you.. and he’ll miss you. Once you go home, settle in there for a few days and if he hasn’t already called then text to say hi, catch up, etc.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• You dont need to, if you like each other it will survive the month break.
    It could give you (both) some comfort, might make it easier to stay in contact as well. You do basically create the challenge of a long distance relationship for that month, but they say that distance makes the heart grow fonder.

0|0
    0|0
  • If two people are dating but haven't had the "exclusive dating talk",

then both of u are free to see other people

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I would not want you to define it. If it works it works :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for it. You'll lose him if you dont 'define' it now

0|0
    0|0
    • Any advice on how to bring it up? I assume the last time we see each other for more than a few minutes before we leave is best, right?

• Actually, if you still have some time left, do it before your last meeting. You have slim chances of succeesing, but thats better than not trying... :/

What Girls Said 2

• Just let him know you'll miss him during the break , but let him know you will still keep in contact during the time you are apart. Then see how things develop during the break.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just go with the flow either way you'll still be communicating with him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes