Is it racist to prefer to date the same skin color as my own?

Before you answer, I feel awful for thinking like this. Racism is an awful practice, and I wish it would die off. I just don’t think I would be able to see myself dating a “black” woman. I hope I’m not sounding evil.

I have multiple friends that are different heritages. And I think racism is disgusting.

Your thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it is not racist. It is only a preference. It is no different than wanting to date people with brown hair or blue eyes.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't be racist for not liking everyone. Tbh, the general human population prefers light skin and doesn't like dark skin. It's a sad but true fact. The only fair skinned people that aren't all desired are Asian men

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 7

• You like what you like. I will say that tastes change over time. If you fell in love with a black girl you wouldn't care what color she was. She could be tangerine and you wouldn't give a rats ass.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, you have preferences that is fine. You can't be attracted to everyone. It is not racist at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer dating my own race and if that racist to people idc its my personal value and opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Not racist at all, just your preferences.

0|0
    0|0
  • No .

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Just a preference

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes