Is it racist to prefer to date the same skin color as my own?

Before you answer, I feel awful for thinking like this. Racism is an awful practice, and I wish it would die off. I just don’t think I would be able to see myself dating a “black” woman. I hope I’m not sounding evil.

I have multiple friends that are different heritages. And I think racism is disgusting.

Your thoughts?

28

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it is not racist. It is only a preference. It is no different than wanting to date people with brown hair or blue eyes.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't be racist for not liking everyone. Tbh, the general human population prefers light skin and doesn't like dark skin. It's a sad but true fact. The only fair skinned people that aren't all desired are Asian men

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE