"The reason women become hypergamous is because men made them that way." Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Made by another Gag user. Guys enable women to let men be the breadwinner and financially responsible for the relationship.

The reason women like to marry/date up is because of men.

agree or disagree
  • I agree
  • I Disagree
  • it depends.
    Vote C

927

Most Helpful Girl

• I had to Google this:
    "Hypergamy (colloquially referred to as "marrying up") is a term used in social science for the act or practice of a person marrying another of higher caste or social status than themselves."

I certainly didn't marry up. I don't feel that I could earn someone who was a higher class, and I don't think I could maintain the physical standard of appearance that a man in a higher class would expect, either, in terms of cost or in terms of personal skill (hairstyling is not my gift and my nails are so brittle I gave up doing them).

I'm not going to do my hair really fancy everyday, and makeup and earrings and high heels and all that just to leave the house, or worry constantly about my figure. I have a life, dammit. :)

• I actually had men on dating sites quiz me about things like how I keep my nails, and if my feet look good, and what kind of clothes I wear, so I'm not making this up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Frankly... guys enable women to do a lot of stupid shit that is coming back around to bite us in the butt. I shouldn't say guys in general, just a section of guys that i call "bitch ass men".
    Example... girl is with one boyfriend, gets upset (like they always do)... whack!! slaps him, maybe sometimes repeatedly.. then she does the same with boyfriend number two.. and three... then she comes around boyfriend number four and tries that shit and after the first hit... he fucking reciprocates... and harder too.
    do you think she will ever try that shit again? if boyfriend number one had done that shit.. and so had two.. think she would have hit 3 and 4?

Men do enable women to get away with a lot of shit because they want pussy... and that is why they are the way they are. And as for the women, they don't know over half the stupid shit they do in relationships... so... they just want it all.
    they marry "up" for the Money, comfort and security, but then they bitch about how the man doesn't spend time with them... how the fuck do they think he makes the money she's swimming in?
    Now if the guy were to stop working so much to spend time with her and the cash flow dwindled... she will STILL bitch.

One thing I've learned about women... they don't know what they fucking want from a man... then they want it all, and truth be told.. we can't give it all... we can only try. So my theory is that if she doesn't like what i have to offer... she can go fuck herself.